Just A Little Bit Further 2013

1,381 to 1,400 of 3,637 messages
08/03/2013 at 17:31

Happy World Women's Day!

08/03/2013 at 18:03

So much for the imminent shorts/t shirt weather: apparently, we're due for a cold snap here in the UK.  Ahahahaha.

08/03/2013 at 18:29

Louise I will be good on Saturday night- I don't drink during the week,but, enjoyt a few glasses at the weekend. Well done on all of your running this week.

RR-Yes I saw it is getting cold again. 

Happy womoends day to all of you lovely ladies on here.  

6.5 mile club run today..easy day tomorrow before I (hopefully) break new ground on sunday. 

08/03/2013 at 18:38

evening everyone

by eck - hugs from me

Jude - hope you managed to get some work out of the way so that you aren't working all weekend

I was too tired to get up and exercise before work today but went to the gym on the way home, did 30 mins of run 2 walk 2 on the treadmill and I think my knee is ok, will foam roller and massage in a bit then put my feet up all evening on the sofa

08/03/2013 at 19:52

Women's Day? What's that?

Wow Louise. That is a great training week.

RR - wrap up warm and we'll make sure there is hot choc and brandy at the finish along with cake. We then need to zoom up to the Peak District to welcome Rocker in from his trail run. Lots of celebrations tomorrow

Well, after the trauma of my No.2 girl yesterday and the Kindle, today has been the complete opposite. My Big Girl has been awarded this terms Significant Achievement award. And she had entered a drawing competition. As the only pupil who did she won by default. The prize is a Nintendo DS3 thing

08/03/2013 at 20:11

wow, well done to your big girl chili - hope no 2 isn't jealous!

09/03/2013 at 05:05

Morning all!

Chili - Well done to big girl!

Louise - well done on your brill training!

MC - well done on your treadmill session.

Hi RR and all!

Just off to kids' swimming and a short run for me, then the usual violin and guitar lessons etc.

BFN xx

09/03/2013 at 05:57

Morning (yawns).  Too much red wine.  Glad it's rest day .

09/03/2013 at 07:43

morning

my masters swimming has changed times - so I have time to do spinning before the swim get time inbetween too - they are at different venues, so recovery and a snack between shuld mean I am not too shattered by it!

09/03/2013 at 08:26

morning everyone!!!!!!

A good luck to our Rocker today! hes doing Grindleford Gallop in Sheffield today-weather conditions may not be good for him so lets cross our fingers and whip out our thermal cheerleading outfits and cheer him on!!! i wil report back later when i know how hes done

09/03/2013 at 08:27

good luck rocker

09/03/2013 at 13:31

Good Luck Rocker! Although I expect you are finished. Hope it went well.

Have a good swim and spin MC.

And a good rest, Louise.

Morning Loula and all.

Did my run this morning as planned. Still only four miles but I hope to get out tomorrow too.

Daughter swam a 800m (32 lengths) time trial for the first time this morning. 11:19.  She was swimming alone so under race conditions her trainer reckons she could knock off 10 seconds or so. The qualifying races for the nationals are in three weeks so she's very hopeful.

We've just got back from a book fair where we spent far too much money. Kids are happy though and I managed to find a couple of English books so I'm happy too!

Hope you are all well.....

BFN x

09/03/2013 at 13:32

Sorry it's afternoon here and there now, isn't it? 

09/03/2013 at 13:52

Jude - well done to your girl, that's about twice as fast as I swim

nothing wrong with spending money on books

have been having trouble with leaky goggles and reaslised why when I went to rinse them out today - the seal has come away from one eye! 

off for a fast walk now

09/03/2013 at 16:20

MC - I haven't been swimming for quite a while but I'm pretty sure it is about three times as fast as I can swim! Hope you enjoyed your walk.

09/03/2013 at 16:40

Parkrun this morning. My Big Girl decided that she was going to run a PB. So we set off on the first lap together moving quite fast. After 200m she told me I was going to slow and zoomed ahead to find a faster partner. Her final time was an amazing 26:59! That is officially a faster parkrun time than mine! 

09/03/2013 at 17:23

chili - that is fab for your girl

I did 8 miles in 2 hours, it was cold and rainy and muddy - would have been so much warmer running but I wouldn't let myself break into a run! I feel quite virtuous after 4 hours of exercise today had some carrot cake and a capuccino while little boy was having his guitar lesson

09/03/2013 at 17:43

MC - I think you deserve the cake and cappuccino!

Chili - Well done to big girl.  That's a great time!

09/03/2013 at 18:56

Evening,

Flying vist...well done to all who have run today..especiually Rocker. 

Chilli-Well done on Big Chilli'sPB you must be a proud mummy.  

Been restimg today and about to put pasta bake into oven. A tad nervous about my race tomorrow- 20 miles is a long way.  

09/03/2013 at 19:00

good luck AF - you will be fine, and it will mentally set you up well for your marathon

1,381 to 1,400 of 3,637 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.