Just A Little Bit Further 2013

1,581 to 1,600 of 3,637 messages
24/03/2013 at 09:40

morning all

chili - the conditions yesterday were awful, don't worry about your parkrun time, well done for doing it, and the swim too

Jude - exciting for you and your daughter, good luck , hope shes does well

24/03/2013 at 10:38

Morning MC! Thanks for the good luck wishes. She had a very hard training session this morning and will probably have easy sessions for the rest of the week.  Then on Friday the competition starts.....

Well, hubby and daughter came back and I got a 4 miler in. Just around the village, but the weather is gorgeous. No dogs today but I did notice the frogs in the stream which were extremely noisy!!

24/03/2013 at 16:16

Hiya

Jude wow, you must be so excited. I really hope she does well.

Snow here again today so took Trev substitute out on a 2h walk. I managed 9.7 miles in 2.20 so I'm really chuffed. It was freezing cold though and not many people out and about. I had walked to Church with him too so plenty of practice today.

I did an hour yesterday too with Hubby so that was nice.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

24/03/2013 at 16:22

Hi Folks

10k race done and dusted today.It was blimmin fweezing cold and a very cold easterly wind and flurries of snow. No official time yet but more or less the same as last years time ..around 52.20 secs BUT last year the race weather was warm and sunny...lol..todys weather conditions were just a tad too cold for me...ha ha...

Jude..well done on your 4 miler..must have missed your post on the dogs...I am doing this on my phone so miss loads of stuff...apologies.

By'eck...probably a wise decision hun...you have had a lot going on and just get out there and enjoy your running for now...you will do it one day...for that i am sure.

AF..you are gonna do a fantastic marathon and get a sub 3.30 I predict

Hello everyone else..off to get me din dins now...............................

24/03/2013 at 16:28

Sorry Franny, I didnt realise you were racing today. Massive Well done to you.

24/03/2013 at 16:31

franny sis!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woohooooooo!!! tohught you had said it was cancelled!!! woweeee brave lady!!! thats ma sis!! go go go!

did you get bling? enjoy your dins!! will text you later abt flights.

boss u r gonna do great!!!!

i did an off road run this a.m -sub zero, went through swampy mud, snow and icy water in fields! my inov8s aretrashed!!! has to give them a spa in the bath with shower gel!!!

24/03/2013 at 16:44

franny - well done

ecky - well done on your walk too, that is pretty fast

so cold outside it is horrible

24/03/2013 at 16:45

Franny-Well done on your 10k. Now sub 3.30 IS beyond me! In the ideal world I am lookig at a 3.45 time. Enjoy your dinner. 

Ecky-Well done on your 9.7 miles.

LLB-Sounds like a great off road run.  

Jude-Pleased that soemone is having nice weather.

6.65 miles this morning...the tapering has started!!!

24/03/2013 at 17:02

Thanks Mathschick. I do walk pretty fast but then I am so used to walking everywhere.

Hi Boss. I cant wait to start tapering. I just have one more attempt at a 20 miler and thats it.

24/03/2013 at 22:06

Mmmm, I posted earlier but it seems to have gone missing....

Well done Franny for racing! I remember you doing last years race in the heat.

Ecky, Loula, Jude and AF, sounds a great effort from all of you.

Loula and I have a date! We are running the northern part of the Ridgeway on Easter Monday. She is much, much fitter then me so I reckon I will be gasping to keep up. But am very excited. Am hoping the weather improves a tad though. Anyone else want to join us?

Jude - that is very exciting about your daughter. And I hope you had a nice day with your lads.

24/03/2013 at 22:09

yayyyyy Chili i am looking forward to it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much but i really am not fit at all at the mo...far from it and i need to catch up fast. i need to practise long slow pace so thats going to be a nice run starting at Ivinghoe ---wohoooooo!!!!!!!! anyone else want to come???

25/03/2013 at 08:05

Morning All

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr its still freezing...when will it warm up...think this will be the 1st white easter in along time....lol

Have a good Monday everyone

25/03/2013 at 08:33

MOOOOOOOORNIN

Thanks Chilli, I really enjoyed my snowy walk. Ooooh I bet you are so excited about getting together with our Loula.

Morning Franny. Freezing here too. I may run tomorrow now as paths still covered in places.

Girls are off school again today as they have had snow drifts and the grounds are just unsafe. They break up Weds for Easter so may only have 2 days in this week.

25/03/2013 at 09:41

morning all

I went to school, roads were fine till I turned into the school drive - really thick ice and snow, it was ridiculous, I really can't believe they hadn't cleared it. So, after skidding and getting stuck a bit, got told that the school was going to be closed. I am pretty cross that they left it so late to let us know. So back home, and water is off because there is trouble with the mains water and there is some fixing going on down the road.

OH has a meeting in Nottingham, so going to ride along and have a coffee...

did turbo this morning though, but wish I had stayed in bed, because now I have all day!

25/03/2013 at 11:26

Ecky..wise choice and hope the paths are clearer tomorrow for your run.

Mathschick..Enjoy your unexpected day off although I would have been very cross too that they didn't let you know beforehand..as they must have known. Has OH meeting to do with another job...fingers crossed for you hun.

Work at 2pm for me but hen off rest of week.

Did a 3 mile easy/recovery run this morning.

25/03/2013 at 14:05

MC -hope you are enjoying the coffee and unexpected day off.

I had a phone call from my surgery this morning cos it turns out I'm anaemic. My diet is already excellent so will need to take the tablets. Then did 5 mile run with walking bits (I'm blaming the ice on the pavements and not my upset at the blood results).

Am also sad cos I've just said goodbye to my lovely lunchtime Bible Club kids. Won't be running the club next term cos I don't have any assistance and I need to cut back on a few things. But am very sad about it

25/03/2013 at 14:07

thanks franny - no, his meeting was just really for him to ask questions about the redundancy, as when they broke the news last week obviously the people affected aren't in the right state of mind to ask the relevant questions that they need to know. He is feeling generally more positive at the moment

gosh, the wind is so cold

25/03/2013 at 17:20
We have heating and hot water
25/03/2013 at 17:42

by eck - gosh, didn't realise you didn't have heating and hot water - bet you are glad it is sorted

25/03/2013 at 19:11

evening all...hope you are all keeping warm.

mc, hope things getting sorted for hubby

frnny sis, it must be even colder where you are - how are you managing to run without slipping over????im fed up with this cold now

by eck glad you are warm!!!

1,581 to 1,600 of 3,637 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.