Just A Little Bit Further 2013

1,881 to 1,900 of 3,637 messages
16/04/2013 at 08:54

Yes after completing a marathon a couple of days ago, the events of Boston put a dampner on things.

Let's hope that the London Martahon is a celebration of running and can show that runners will not be beaten by idiots/murdrerers....

16/04/2013 at 08:59

I will be wearing a black arm band on the day. I have decided not to run with Trev as somehow it just doesn't feel right.

I am also thinking about leaving Big Girl at home.

16/04/2013 at 09:20

Such terrible news... thinking of all those coping with this tragic event in Boston......

Hope you are all well, my friends.

16/04/2013 at 10:37

A friend I went to school with had a nephew competing in Boston.  Thankfully he's very fast and had finished with a PB under 3 hours.  He was clear of the finish before the first bomb and phoned home to assure them he was okay.  Wow ...

16/04/2013 at 10:51

Mr Chilli, they must have been so worried. Its just so heartbreaking. 

Hi Jude, I hope you are okay.

16/04/2013 at 12:25

hi everyone

the events in Boston are awful. Mrchili - your friend's family must have all been really worried.

Bet the security in London is going to be crazy, specially with tomorrow's funeral as well

ecky - big girl will probably be fine, but I know how you feel

16/04/2013 at 22:51
Hi all. Boston is awful news isn't it. It's the right call to proceed with London I think. I guess thats a bit of the british we wont let them get to us type attitude coming out.

I rode my bike to work today. 23 mile round trip. I had a bike and there was nothing stopping me, but jeez my arse is in a bad way!! Hi Chili, yes I'm still running. on the comeback trail! Getting there slowly. I'm going to be aiming for work commute runs again. Hope youand family are ok. Hows your running going?

Have a good wednesday everyone
16/04/2013 at 22:54

Just off to Marmaris...

16/04/2013 at 23:20

Have a lovely time Jude.

I'm sure everyone will be thinking of the grieving and injured on Sunday, but I do hope it is a good day for everyone running, volunteering, cheering on.

Matt - I'm doing okay. Still waiting for my hospital date so not making any definite plans for the aug marathon until then. In the mean time I'm doing quite a bit of cycling cos Mr Chili and I are biking to Cambridge and back next week Well done on your 23 miles!

17/04/2013 at 08:12

Hope your trip goes well Jude! It sounds very busy

Chili, Wow, How far is that? (I can personally recommend some of those lycra shorts with the padding in. Don't own a pair yet, but they are my next purchase!

Mr Chili, well done on keeping Chili fit!

17/04/2013 at 10:42

Enjoy your bike ride Mr & Mrs Chilli.

Beginning to think I will have to do another Marthon to banish the demons of the last 5 miles & get under 3.50, Still achey at the moment.

Our treadmill arrived yesterday,but, probably won't use it unutil the weekend.

Question for you folks- when do you normally have a run after a Marthon -would like to do 3 or so miles tomorrow,but think I willl still be achey.Detemrined to do cluv run on Friday however.

17/04/2013 at 11:16

AF - although I haven't done a marathon, I saw the same question asked on another thread, and the answer was: do what feels right for you. Some plans and people will do a short run a few days after, so a short slow recovery run tomorrow might just help your legs feel ok for friday's club run, but if you set out and it all feels wrong, then cut it short or walk instead

one of my bottom set kids got a grade D in his GCSE, this is amazing

17/04/2013 at 12:29

AF - I normally give myself 2 or 3 days off and then do 3 miles very slowly. Back to normal training 1 week after although I won't do another 'long run' until week 2.

Matt - padded shorts are essential! It's about 50 miles one way.

17/04/2013 at 13:09

Afternoon

AF..yes its a personal choice of when you next want to run and also depends on what you have lined up next. Go out for a slow one Boss...SLOW SLOW SLOW..emphasis on the slow coz u are a speedy lad...lol..and see how you feel. I took a whole 2 weeks off after my marathon last year and felt the huge benefits from it but did spend that time doing crosstraining and swimming to keep my fitness up and to let my body recover properly. But its entirely a very personal choice. Don;t be tempted to be doing any speedwork too soon though Boss.

MC..amazing but  you have to take some credit too..amazing teacher you must be so so proud.

Ecky...am so excited for you for Sunday..i am working so won't see it on telly. Some of my club are running so if you see any Harmeny running tops give them a wave.

17/04/2013 at 15:00

OK. I will see how I feel tomorrow. I suspect I may still feel achey - the speedowrk on the treadmill will wait.

Friday's club run may be the return...I won't do my 20 mile week this week so the 113 week strak is over. Funninly enough I am not bothered by that!!!   

17/04/2013 at 18:24

Boss, i owe you a belated well super duper done for your amazin mara time!!! thre events of Boston did subdue things somewhat on RW all round i think

we are super proud of you Boss man -PAAAAAAAAAAARATTTTTTTTAY this weekend me thinks !!!!

as for running after a mara /long event its entriely up to you how you feel id say. i didnt run for a week or so after my first mara but went for a little short run day after my 50miler to make sure i didnt seize up. if you feel you can thn go for it but make it under 5 miles id say.

17/04/2013 at 18:30

really looking forward to NDW50 , cant believe its only 4 weeks away now....have i trained? no. am i worried? no.

17/04/2013 at 18:50

that's the spirit loula

the wind here is crazy. I was planning to cycle to work again tomorrow, but the wind is forecast to be even worse in the morning, so going to swap tomorrow for Friday. I won't feel the need to rush home either. So, do I put my road bike back on the turbo, or maybe a gym session tomorrw evening instead? A meeting after work might scupper the gym session though. Mind you, I could just mark all the mock exams my year 10s have done!!

17/04/2013 at 19:49

Very windy here too MC. But the sun did come out this afternoon and I did 20miles in just under 2hrs. Nice to not have to dress up in so many layers

Well done for being such a great teacher

Loula - I suspect that you will be in good company cos I don't think Rocker has trained either!

17/04/2013 at 20:58

i think he secretly has  i will be eating dust me thinks

1,881 to 1,900 of 3,637 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.