Last week before race

3 messages
31/08/2012 at 17:23

Hi! I`m doing my first 10K race a week on Sunday, the Stratford Big 10. I was just wondering how I should train for the last week, I intend to run on Sunday Tuesday and Thursday, so far this week I have ran 8K on Tuesday and 10K on Thursday. Should I wind down over the last week, if so what distances should I be running. All advice greatly appreciated!

31/08/2012 at 17:59

The last couple of weeks its been about the same, I`ve not been running regularly all that long, since about May really,  2 months ago I was running up to 5K comfortably and have gradually increased the distance from week to week as I felt my body could take it!

01/09/2012 at 14:55

Thanks Cake, will feel wrong not getting my runs in this week but makes perfect sense, signing up for it was a last minute decision and you`re right, I`d be unbearable if I miss it!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.