Low HR

6 messages
21/10/2007 at 14:31

Okay I need help

I normally have no problem training to a higher hR and have problems running at 70-75% hr which is 135-145...I can achieve this no problem even on hills!!

But when trying to training at 145-153 I just cant raise my HR anymore which is worrying me...take today second half of run needed it in higher bracket no way everytime I hit a hill it stayed consistant run on flat or downhill and I lose 3-4 beats and cant raise it again.

I know I am fitter at the moment but still this has never happened before I do have a hole in my heart and a mumur as well as asthma but never had this problem before ever in training.

Any ideas gratefully accepted

21/10/2007 at 21:54
First guess - you don't know your max HR for sure and have in fact been training at more like 85% when you thought it was 75%, thus the perceived effort to push it up is too much.  Second guess is that you are overtraining and that you have a bit of deep tiredness that you are not recovering from in the space of a day or so.
22/10/2007 at 14:44

Hi Steve Thanks for reply

No I know my max hr my coach has worked it out and had a VO2 max test done so it is pretty acurate.

Again i know that not to be the case  as I am recovered  from each days training but it maybe that I have a virus lurking sore throat and a head thing going on today

22/10/2007 at 14:52

Poppy

How long have you been back running at low HR since your layoff. Could it be that you've been running at the low HR for a while and your body has to work so hard to raise it to a higher HR

What is 145-153 as a percentage and are you talking  % MHR or WHR

mellifera    pirate
22/10/2007 at 14:52

HI Poppy,

I find that not being able to get my HR up happens when I am glycogen depleted or have low blood sugar. Having a virus tends to have to opposite effect - HR is a bit high 

22/10/2007 at 15:30

Pammie

Low hr been happening last 3 weeks on certain runs

We use pure hr so level 4 I think as 3 is 75% 135-145 so I gues from 75%-82% have details at home.

melli

That is what I thought Virus high HR

We made sure I eat a good meal on saturday and took SIS gels 1 at start of Run every 6 miles.

Unless garmin faulty trying new HR battery and see how that effects things

thanks for all try to help

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.