Lunch time Running Clubs

3 messages
07/11/2012 at 14:30

Hello

Has anyone any experience of setting up a lunch time running club at their work place? And is it still running/proving popular?

I work at a university and I'm sure there are members of staff who would be up for a lunch time saunter. We have changing facilities and showers on site and I'm sure there are some decent routes nearby.

I'm curious to find out if anyone has successfully launced a club, any obstacles they faced, if it proved at all poular with staff and any other tips. If folks only get a 30-60 minute lunch break - how much time should be dedicated to running? Would it be advisable to have a 'one-pace suits all' outlook or everyone go off at different speeds.

Any advice - most appreciated!

07/11/2012 at 16:34

Initially would it have to be a club, just a get together with like minded individuals who want to run.  

Does the university have a running/athletics club already which you could join, or are staff not allowed to join.

16/11/2012 at 12:33

Thank you Grendel3 - good advice.

I'll take baby steps and hope it takes off!

Kind regards

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.