Maintaining fitness after the VLM

1 message
03/05/2013 at 13:02

So I did the VLM on 21st April and was not too disappointed with a finishing time of 4 hours 21 minutes (despite crashing and burning 6 miles from home.) My next races are the GNR on 15/09 and the GBR on 20/10. At my current level of fitness I know that I can comfortably break 2 hours for the half marathon (and did so in the first half of the VLM) and then move onto a better time for the GBR. I plan to start serious training for the GNR in late July but would like to be able to maintain my fitness in the meantime - challenging since the golf season has now started and I also want to work on my strength and conditioning. The question is what do I need to do to maintain a reasonable level of running fitness between now and late July? I'd thought about doing 6 milers say 3 times a week but then wondered about 2 x 6 milers and 1 interval session. Any suggestions please?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.