Marathon Taper

4 messages
14/09/2010 at 17:25
OK. This might seem like a really stupid question, but here goes.

I am running the Chicago Marathon October 31st. I have my final 22 miler this Sunday. However, due to family obligations, I need to run the final 22 mile long run on Saturday instead. Will this one day difference make a difference? I've done my prior three 20 milers on Sunday at the same time the race will begin. I tend to get very, very detail oriented about my training the last few weeks before a marathon so this question shows that. Anyway, the general rule is last long run 3 weeks before your marathon. Mine will be one day over 3 weeks. Am I being to crazy here? Any feedback would be great. Thanks, everyone!

James
14/09/2010 at 18:05
1 day will make absolutely no difference whatsoever. Yes you're being crazy. RELAX, get your 22 miler done and then embrace the taper
14/09/2010 at 18:15
Was about to say you are being crazy. Do it, forget about it and focus on something positive.
14/09/2010 at 21:02
It did my longest run on a Sat too and had no effect whatsoever on my performance. Enjoy the race and good luck

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.