Marathon Training Partner Rqd

61 to 64 of 64 messages
15/12/2002 at 21:03
Verity

Don't worry about speed - most of my 'longer' runs (5 miles+) are done at a much slower training pace (I reserve my 'speed' work for runs home from the office!! Domestic and work commitments limit my longer runs to weekends, but I would be only to happy to meet up - particularly if you fancy a 'local' run - I'm only 2 mins run away from Wollaton Park (strangely enough!!!)so a bit spoilt for the more scenic runs.

Need to keep my motivation going over winter months and it would be good to have a training partner - I'm still thinking about whether or not to go for a marathon myself next year.

WP
16/12/2002 at 08:18
Hi all,

I'm still on for some training in Woking over Christmas week. I'm in the office until Friday lunchtime-ish and then flying home to the UK on Saturday, where, unfortunatly, I don't have access to a pc. Please e-mail this week if anyone is interested otherwise I'm doomed to running round the block over and over as I don't know the area well enough to venture into the woods!

Cheers Rach
18/12/2002 at 20:57
See GENERAL Running Partner Wanted? I am trying to start a service for running friends out there.

24/12/2002 at 17:52
OK WP, at some point I have to bite the bullet and run with someone! I'll be in touch in the New Year as I'm not around now for a few days.

Thank you!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 64 of 64 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.