Marathon training plans

5 messages
29/04/2007 at 22:15
Hi

Currently training for the Edinburgh marathon. Following RW sub 4.30 schedule but been looking at the Hal Higdon site out of interest and think perhaps next time (???) I might use one of them.

So I was wondering which marathon training plans do you use and why? Do you have an opinion on which plan is "best" for any reason?

Just curious!
30/04/2007 at 00:05
just getting the weekly mileage at around 80 mark and maintaining this pace physically and mentally is my training plan! Pounding the streets and country every day and coping with the pain.
30/04/2007 at 09:08
Hi Lotte

Hal Higdon, what a legend! I followed his beginners schedule for my first marathon, the Snowdon marathon. I finished it in 3hrs 44mins, and am following an intermediate one of his for my second and third marathons. I chose the beginners because i was just that. The peak weekly mileage was 40 miles, but i think it worked because it wasn't too intense. I could fit it in around daily life. It really was just a get you round type thing. But it worked for me. I think if you follow any of these schedules that are out there, and are consistent with your training, sleep and eat well, results will happen. I also believe that the rest is all in the head, whether you run 30, 40, 100 miles per week.
17/09/2009 at 11:04

Edited: 17/09/2009 at 11:05
17/09/2009 at 11:51
I`m quite keen on Pete Pfitzinger`s plans.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.