Marathon

7 messages
17/05/2007 at 21:26
I have taken part in 10K races and in training have run half marathons in 1:49 and 1:53. I have run up to 20 miles in three hours. I am now looking for a training programme to take part in the wolverhampton marathon in september. Does anybody know the best way to train for this?
IronMelissa    pirate
17/05/2007 at 21:31
Ken, if you glance to the left there is a link called 'BIG marathon index'. That might be a good place to start... THere are programmes depending on what time you are aiming for.
17/05/2007 at 22:15
Miles for smiles
17/05/2007 at 22:17
lots of long runs

but yeah

follow a programme
17/05/2007 at 23:02
Yep! no substitute for stamina, build up your weekly mileage, and the length of your LSR.
17/05/2007 at 23:51
First thing is to decidewhat sort of time you want to aim for and how much training you're prepared to commit yourself to.

Go to the grey 'Training' tab at the top of the page and look at marathon stuff.

Try Googling marathon training and look at some of the coaching websites.
JJ
18/05/2007 at 18:04
find a programme, I got mine off this site and went for a sub 3.45 as I wanted to do a sub 4 hour.I found a local track for the short speed sessions and a steep hill to run up and down several times! Tried to stick to the times as much as I could but didn't get too hung up if I missed sessions.It worked' I got the time I wanted but more importantly I recovered quickly, unlike my first marathon.Good luck, you'll love it!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.