Milton Keynes/Bucks Runners

41 to 60 of 6,630 messages
04/05/2004 at 13:15
And it's the Bedford 6 the night before the inaugural curry evening so will have to run a good time to reward myself!

Good to have you on board Nikki.
04/05/2004 at 20:34
Ran the Thornborough 10 yesterday in lashing rain. There were only 37 runners so was realy informal and lonely but I felt that I did well after having an easy week due to sore legs. I ran off course after mile 3 because of rain and dodgy contact lens' but was happily called back after going just 20 yards, got going again and then one of my laces came undone!
I ran it in 1hr 10 min and 40 seconds and came in 8th. So I was well chuffed. No tee shirt or medal but soggy feet.
Condsidering the Curry night- sounds good just got to convince the wife that it is a charit evening.
05/05/2004 at 10:21
Well done, straitjacket.

Tell the wife it's a meeting in aid of "Feed the Undernourished Runners"...
05/05/2004 at 12:16
I'll bring a collection tin if that helps....
05/05/2004 at 15:57
Given that this is a 'training' thread, what about a list of what everyone's training for (i.e. next race)?

I'll start:

SoVeryTired - Mersea Half (20/6/04)
05/05/2004 at 16:23
Haven't got anything planned until the MK10km in July but I'm keeping my eye out for a couple of 5km's between now and then to help get my speed up.

M.
05/05/2004 at 18:41
I'm aiming for Richmond 1/2 in a few weeks. Hoping to finally break the dreaded 2 hours.
M.
05/05/2004 at 20:47
It'll probably be the sweatshop MK 10k although I might do the Town and Gown 10in Oxford.
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
05/05/2004 at 23:19
Hi all, thought this thread had died, glad to see we are still up and running and like the idea of a curry night if you dont minf me coming. Have a funny feeling ive got something else around 19th but fairly sure I havnt (if that makes sense) so ill put myself on the list.

URWFRC (MK/Bucks/Beds area) curry evening:

Attendees so far:

Dr Galah
SVT
M ?
Nikki W
Carl Barthorpe

Re training targets, im training for Longest Day (Ironman distance Triathlon 18/7/04). Also want to smash my 1/2 Marathon PB the week after at the NSPCC 1/2 (though not sure if ill be recovered by then), then ive got London Triathlon the following week and want to break 2hr 35min

SVT (anyone else) - would like to join you on your long runs as I could certainly do with the company lol, im up to a 15mile plus each week now though trouble is I cant really do weekends as I have to fit in long 5-7 hours bike rides on either Sat or Sun. Im doing my long runs on either Wed/Thur/Fri nights at around 5.00 - 5.30. If your you fancy a change and/or are training any of those nights I could run up to Willen by around 6.00 to meet you. If I can switch to a Saturday ill let you know. Am running 18 miles (3 laps of Station - Furzon Lake 6.1 mile circuit tomorrow starting about 5pm). Pace wise im doing all my long runs at 9.5 - 10min miles.
05/05/2004 at 23:27
M - did I see you at the London Social last week? I noticed your name on the threads but cant remember if we spoke. Sorry if I seemed ignorrant or arrogant if we didnt/did but just I didnt know who was who and having not met many people b4 was a bit reserved/shy/withdrawn.
06/05/2004 at 11:03
Hi All

Just stumbled across this thread. Would be great to meet up with someone...anyone!...for a run occasionally.

I need motivating to get out the door for a long 'un on Sundays, though I wonder if anybody would be prepared to join me at 06:00ish. I'd also be happy to join in with tempo/fartlek/interval stuff...sod it, just put me down for anything!! Other than Sundays, I'm generally around on Tuesdays and Thursdays and could do virtually any time on those days, and maybe Saturdays...wife permitting:-)

I live on Great Holm and amongst other routes like to run off across the fields towards Beachampton, along the canal towards Leighton Buzzard or, sometimes over to Bow Brickhill Woods.

I've not raced recently, though I have a 10K coming up on the 16th (Sudbury Court) and keep meaning to start training for an Autumn marathon...motivation levels permitting!
M.
06/05/2004 at 11:07
hi carl - i did see you briefly while you were talking to dangerous dave (before he fell over destiny) and a few others but didn't get to say more than a quick hello - so many people!

interviews seemed to go ok - one of them was right by willen lake which would be terribly handy!

:-)
M.
06/05/2004 at 11:29
Hi Nads, nice to see another local runner on the forum. Im not a morning runner myself, if fact im terrible in the morning and get real grumpy if I have to be out of bed before 8.15 (and thats a workday).
06/05/2004 at 13:16
Next race - Eye 10K (Cambs, Sun 16 May). Cambs has GOT to be flat, right?

Next training run, SAT 8am Willen Lake, 11.75. Company welcome. Will spend 5 mins warming up by the gym if anyone fancies doing the SVT 11.75 (hey, perhaps we can make that a race one day...)

Nikki - there's a 5k on Fri 21 May at Blisworth, Northants, 7 or 7.30 kick off. Was going to go but think there's a works evening do that I need to show my face at.

Carl - see you on the 19th hopefully!
06/05/2004 at 13:24
DrG

Don't forget the Race For Life is on both Sat & Sun. You'll probably miss it but it usually gets quite bust=y early on with the set up.

BTW - what sort of pace will you be looking to do your 11.75 at?
06/05/2004 at 13:24
Oooh. Freudian slip!! I didn't mean busty...honest
06/05/2004 at 13:36
Well it is all girls lol.

Im ok for 19th, checked this morning and put it on my calendar.
06/05/2004 at 16:37
Thanks Dr G...hopefully my legs will have recovered by then! :)
06/05/2004 at 19:33
Thanks for the warning Nads - hopefully I'll be finished before it gets too busty!

A steady for me is about 9.00 min miles.

Will be good to see you on 19th Carl.
07/05/2004 at 09:22
Dr G - If it's OK with you, I might try and join you for part of your run. Probably the first 4 and a bit miles, so I'll run down to Willen, do the first four miles of your route and then peel off back to Great Holm.

Is it Dragons that you'll be at? And will I recognise you by the bow tie and rolled up copy of The Times...?
41 to 60 of 6,630 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.