Milton Keynes/Bucks Runners

61 to 80 of 6,630 messages
M...eldy    pirate
07/05/2004 at 09:26
Morning guys - sorry to butt (?!) in - I work in MK and unfortuntely no time during work for getting out and pounding the streets ...
Can someone confirm for me if 'sweatshop' have a footscan?? may venture up there next week if they do

07/05/2004 at 09:30
IMM - Sweatshop do have some footscanning stuff, but I would check if they have it working before you head there as I have never seen it in use and, more often than not it has a scribbled note saying "Out of Order" on it
M...eldy    pirate
07/05/2004 at 09:45
Cheers Nads
Anywhere else 'locally' thats worth a try? or is it time for a trip into the big smoke!!
07/05/2004 at 12:48
IMM - if you can make it to Watford there is an Up & Running store quite near to Watford High Street Station. They don't have footscan (though may in the future) but use a proper podiatrists mat and measuring stuff. Ask for Phil and say that you were sent by Nads!!

The number of the store is 01923 222205

And, before anyone asks, I don't work for U & R :-)
M...eldy    pirate
07/05/2004 at 13:04
Cheers again - watford is nearer (i'm at the top of the A41)
will look them up - thank you
07/05/2004 at 18:46
Nads - unfortunately I had a puff of smoke come out of my dashboard on the way home tonight so I need to get the car checked over tomorrow morning. As I live in Bedford, can't guarantee I'll be able to get over for the planned 8am jog round Willen. Will let you know when next going to do the SVT 11.75 - have got the Eye 10K next Sunday so probably won't be doing a long one.
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
07/05/2004 at 19:14
Do any of you do any road cycling and fancy getting together to go on rides? Im probably aiming for at least 2 hrs but dont mind what speed we go at.
07/05/2004 at 20:15
Hi Carl

Depends what days/times but I could be persuaded. If I don't have time to do the full 2 hours I may be able to join you for some.
07/05/2004 at 20:17
Dr Galah - No worries. I'll just keep an eye on the forum for the next time. I've got the Sudbury Court 10K on the 16th so, similarly, probably won't be looking for a long one next Saturday
08/05/2004 at 23:41
Does anyone else use the running track at the old Japanese school? I know it is technically private property, but the school closed years ago, there is a public footpath next to it and it is not fenced off.

I use it occaisionally for interval training, or when my knees are feeling a bit delicate and I don't want to run on tarmac, but can't face the treadmill.

I've never seen anybody else use it, and it seems a bit of a waste for it to stand idle.

BTW - I had a good run at the Silverstone 10k last week, and am thinking of doing the next one in the series (Rugby on Wednesday). Anyone else up for it?
M.
09/05/2004 at 02:14
what sort of track is it? a grass one? or a proper laid track?
M.
09/05/2004 at 08:58
It's a red, rubbery surface. It's the only track I've ever run on, so can't compare it with anything. Quite springy, but a bit frayed at the edges. Details here:

http://www.runtrackdir.com/details.asp?track=miltonkeynes-g
09/05/2004 at 14:24
I tried using that track once and got kicked off it by a security guard...

Is it still there? There was a lot of dug up earth around the school when I cycled past the other day but I wasn't sure if it was where the track used to be.
10/05/2004 at 09:31
It is still there. Drove past it this morning
10/05/2004 at 09:33
Me thinks organising a RW-MK/Bucks track session one evening could be on the cards, anyone else fancy meeting up one night to put some laps in? After the curry maybe...just joking.
10/05/2004 at 09:36
Just clicked on the link above........ ah so thats the track, ive actually done a lap, got tempted off my long run on way back along canal once.

Thought it was the Stantonbury campus track as would have said id been on it... Still dont know Milton Keynes that well - obviously.
10/05/2004 at 10:02
Hmmm, a track session sounds tempting - not sure I can fit it in though. Especially not after the curry! In fact, I'm very glad I don't run Thursday mornings!

The plan (injury permitting) is to do the run I didn't manage to complete on Saturday. So that's 16.25 miles (with escapes at 2.75, 7.25, 10 and 14.5 miles), starting at the more reasonable time of 9:00 this week.

Dr G - hope the car's okay!
10/05/2004 at 10:03
Carl - as with the cycling, it depends on the chosen day/time. For track stuff Tuesdays or Thursdays are probably best for me.
10/05/2004 at 10:05
Ooops sorry...should have replied to SVT and said "as with Carl's cycling...". It's Monday. I've just subjected myself to my first ever studio cycling class, my brain and body are mush...
10/05/2004 at 10:17
No I shouldn't have done...Oh Bugger! I'm off for a lie down. Anybody fancy running/cycling with a f*ckwit?!
61 to 80 of 6,630 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.