Milton Keynes/Bucks Runners

101 to 120 of 6,630 messages
12/05/2004 at 22:41
Just back from the Rugby 6 miler. Much better weather than the Silverstone 10k last week! Being used to the flat roads of Milton Keynes, I found the hills quite hard work, but put in a very respectable time of 35m47s.

This weekend's long run is going to be cancelled - I'm spending it on a small boat so limited options for running.... Next run will probably be the Bedford 6 on Tuesday. Any locals doing that one?
13/05/2004 at 09:23
Carl - I've just been on the TeamMK website and I can't find any reference to the tuesday night LVRC bowl races you mention in one of your earlier missives.

Wouldn't mind having a go at one of those so just wondered if you could tell me where you got the details from
13/05/2004 at 09:39
BM - try pasting this into your browser

http://www.personal-group.com/bigcow/calendar.asp?Type=Dua

I think that might be what you want
13/05/2004 at 09:55
Thanks Nads - but that website doesn't contain details of the LVRC races Carl mentions - it does have full details of the summer duathlon series but I've already entered all those !
13/05/2004 at 10:27
Sorry BM

This is probably what you want then

Region 7 circuit races at the Milton Keynes Bowl on Tuesday evenings in 2004
11th May, 18th May, 25th May, 8th June, 17th June, 22nd June, 6th July, 13th July, 20th July, 27th July, 12th August, 17th August (last points), 24th August (followed by dinner and prize presentations).

As the venue is shared with other groups and activities, and races may occasionally be cancelled at short notice. It is therefore advisable to ring first, especially if you are travelling any distance. Information is available from: Ron Day 01908-501461, Gordon Batcock 01525-374035, and Dick Selley 01908-373241.

http://www.lvrc.org/events04.rtf

(quite a way down the page - if you drag the scroll bar on the right of your browser and it shows page numbers then it's p10)
13/05/2004 at 10:45
Thanks Nads - information was just where you indicated - now if I can just make it about a 10 day week I should be able to fit all the different training sessions I would like to have a go at !
13/05/2004 at 13:08
Well done Fish! I'll be running the Bedford 6 on Tuesday. Bedford Harriers vest, number 59. Only time I'll probably see you is at the start!
13/05/2004 at 13:28
Yes, I should have said, well done Fish. That's an excellent time. Are you an MK local? Any chance of training with you as I'd like times like that :-)
13/05/2004 at 14:07
DrG - I'll keep an eye out for you. I'm #167. I'll probably have a large orange/yellow fish on my dashboard (lucky mascot!), which could be easier to spot.

Nads - I'm from MK (Stony Stratford). I've only been running since last autumn so don't know a great deal about proper training, etc. So far I've done all my training on my own. Since the FLM, I've found it hard to keep motivated or stick to a schedule, so teaming up with someone for some regular runs is probably a good idea.

I just put it down to good genes - there are some advantages to being a skinny little runt ;-)

13/05/2004 at 14:20
Any takers for a Saturday long run? Somewhere around 9-9:30 mins per mile pace...
13/05/2004 at 14:24
Fish - would be good to sort something out as I am seriously lacking motivation myself, and have been since getting injured around Christmas. As I didn't get into the FLM I didn't have any real focus, or at least told myself I didn't. I live on Great Holm, so you're just down (up?) the road from me. Perhaps we could try to synchronise training runs occasionally?
13/05/2004 at 14:26
Fishie - I find the best way to stay motivated to find another event to enter - that way I know I'll not want to be crap on the day and therefore I continue with the training. And if you enter events of different distances you can vary the training you're doing which also keeps it more interesting
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
13/05/2004 at 14:32
FIB - That is a really great time, well done, I couldnt get near a time like that and have been running 5 years - being 14 stoner dont help though.

Bandanna Man - I got the info from the TeamMK weekly update that was emailed to me this week.

15/05/2004 at 13:20
What a glorious day for running! Hello to anyone I met out round Willen Lake and along the Ouzel - there were plenty of runners out today.
15/05/2004 at 19:23
I had a lovely run this morning despite a small colony of greenfly taking up residence in my hair.

It was very warm - in fact I wore shorts for the first time this year!
M.
15/05/2004 at 19:24
i had a wander round Willen Lake last week while i was waiting for an interview - lovely place. looking forward to maybe being able to run there soon.....
M.
15/05/2004 at 21:47
Nikki, the flies are awful arnt they, I got hit by swarms of the pesky little bleeders round Furzon Lake yesterday.

Today on the way back from a long bike ride, dont know whether it was the time of day but from about 3.30 I was getting bombarded by 100's of flies, had to keep scraping them off me. YUK...
16/05/2004 at 16:58
Sunglasses are definitely a good investment - as fly guards if nothing else!
16/05/2004 at 22:22
Yes and maybe a face mask - you soon learn to keep your mouth shut when cycling. Have to breath through me teeth.
17/05/2004 at 08:24
Flies may be a pest but isn't it great to be running and/or cycling in the sunshine again - personally I find I'm much more inclined to get out and do some training on a nice sunny day than I am when it's pissing down !!

Carl - you up for the time trial tonight ? I pleased to say I shall actually be able to make this one - if the weather stays like it is now all day we should be in for some fast times
101 to 120 of 6,630 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.