24/11/2003 at 10:29
Morning All

It sounds like everybody is having a good time

What: 10 miles steady
why: mileage building

have a good day everybody
24/11/2003 at 10:45
morning

What: 40 minute run at lunch and gym tonight.

Why: Did nothing all weekend
24/11/2003 at 10:45
Morning,

what: am 5m, pm 6m
why: building mileage
last hard: Thursday
last rest: Friday

Have a good one.
24/11/2003 at 10:55
sfh legs - without strides? I'd freeze!

Stickless - just read your fantastic report - sounds like a wonderful, memorable, happy day. And it is always good to win wine!
24/11/2003 at 12:21
Afternoon all...

What - 7 mile easy run
Why - Standard early morning run
Last rest - Yesterday (unless reading every sports supplement going counts as exercise)

Really pleased to make myself get out of bed in the dark and run (have not managed much mornng running since the mornings got dark)

Will get back to previous mileages in this way..

Ho hum
24/11/2003 at 12:43
Afternoon

what - interval session in gym
why - haven't been for a while and fancied a change
last rest - saturday, big fuzzy beer rest which made yesterdays long run in the rain very hard indeed!

good running all!
Bod
24/11/2003 at 12:53
5-6m later (BT)

Went out late yesterday and missed the rain did 10m just enough to give me another 50 mile week!

Last rest 8 days

24/11/2003 at 12:56
goodness I don't think i've even had a fifty mile month yet! well done bod!
24/11/2003 at 12:56
Ellow!

Hope you all had a spiffing weekend chaps!

What: Noffin/ eating
Why: hungry & busy week ahead plus slightly snivelly after yestdies run
Last rest: Saturday
Last Hard: Yesdie, 9 miles very hilly in pouring rain, cold and mud... Brrrr! I must bonkers.

Ta da...
24/11/2003 at 12:57
Afternoon all.

After a weekend of what (in the interest of accuracy) I should probably describe as debauchery, I feel the need for at least a gentle sesh today (Monday is usually rest day to keep me fresh for club night). So, five or six, somewhere nice.

Hope your weekends went well, and enjoy today.
24/11/2003 at 13:11
Can I ask what shoes you lot wear? I'm currently training in the latest Skylons but I thought I'd get a second pair for those days when your shoes get wet running in Winter weather. I don't want to get another pair of Skylons as I lose toe nails with this latest model (the previous skylon the fit was fine) and anyway I like to try new things!

Birdypie, just wait, a couple of months posting on here and you'll soon be knocking out 50 miles weeks and still think you are slacking!
24/11/2003 at 13:15
Popsider - I've just bought a pair of New Balance 765s - bought them over the net, without trying them on, which sounds dodgy, but I read about them and they seemed to be what I needed (supportive, but not too cushioned),

Love 'em! done speed sessions and long runs in them over the last week and they're performing well.
24/11/2003 at 13:32
I'm a big fan of 764s, they were the second shoe I ever bought, and pretty much all I've worn since. They're pretty different from Skylons though Popsider, you could always try NB 830s (I use those for races up to 10m and trackwork sometimes).
24/11/2003 at 13:36
TT & Mrs TT, very well done yesterday.

What: V. easy 5M this evening
Why: Still just inching up the mileage
Last hard run: Sunday
Last rest day: Friday
24/11/2003 at 13:41
Club run tonight

Maybe 6 miles steady, maybe some intervals or hills.
24/11/2003 at 13:44
afternoon all

what:just back from 4 mile run on treadmill at the gym and upper body weight training.
now:absolutely famished so trying to resist a pig out which would make gym today bit pointless
so:it'll be a big banana then!!

happy running all
tiaxx
24/11/2003 at 14:06
Afternoon all.

What: am 5 miles on the cross trainer, gym session and 20 minutes swimming drills, pm 1 hour spinning session.
Why: Knee is playing up again and needs some rest.
Last hard: Saturday
Last rest: Sunday

D1
24/11/2003 at 14:17
Hiya

What: easy 4 miles at lunchtime (8.3-10m/m)
Why: stretching out calves post-weekend hills (prepping for a hilly Feb 10k - my first hilly). This morning's run scuppered by public transport probs, so will try to get out tonight instead.
Last rests: Thurs/Fri

Enjoyable weekend posts, as always!

Have a good day all

24/11/2003 at 14:21
Hello, all. Back after unscheduled and extremely frustrating one-month rest. Turns out I had a crack in kneecap I thought I had just bruised. Then got really bad cold which turned to chest infection and then bronchitis. Could hardly walk to the car, let alone run.

Feeling OK now so tried tentative 2-mile jog yesterday with no ill effects - hooray! Looks like I'm back, although I guess my fitness (such as it was) will have suffered somewhat in the last 4 weeks. Luckily my goal is GNR, which is 10 months away!
24/11/2003 at 14:23
Goodness Jill that sounds horrible painful. I think coming back after a month from that is really good going. Hope you enjoyed your two miler and good luck with the return to training
21 to 40 of 65 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.