Mon 24th November

61 to 65 of 65 messages
24/11/2003 at 22:17
Hilly - cheers, you've lifted my enthusiasm quite a bit now. Sounds like it could be a good day - I'll post a report at the weekend.

Change of plan today, as I might not get a chance to run tomorrow. So it was actually 11 miles at easy pace. Feeling quite good building up these longer runs at the moment.
24/11/2003 at 22:21
Mike S; re: sleet and snow, perish the thought, (and other parts!)

BT; nothing like a good run/race to give you a real high !!
Pammie; agree with BT. A 3:1 rato is a weel recognised training programme. Don't use it myself as tend to train as I feel rather than following a defined schedule.
25/11/2003 at 00:39
Just back from 25 miles on the bike - not sure whether to post this in today or tomorrow! It's a bit chilly out.
25/11/2003 at 00:44
Jane - with the cross country I think that some of the better standard female races are quite short and probably suit track runners. I am doing a p/t course and one of the women on that runs xc for England and she is really a 1500 metre runner. THe lower the standard of XC the tougher and longer the courses tend to be - round here at least - I think these tend to suit road runners more. Personally I think they should be tough - otherwise it isn't that much different to road or track.
25/11/2003 at 00:49
Glad to see another Skylon wearer speedie, yes I don't get any pain in them either - it's just my big toenails end up falling off! I think I'll go down Derby Runner tomorrow and see what they have.

Glad to see you are back in the swing of things Laura - hill reps - I'll have to try and get my club to do some of them.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 65 of 65 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.