Monday 10th November

21 to 22 of 22 messages
10/11/2008 at 21:49

Hi folks. Just back from a w/e at my mum's.  Not sure about this ' running in the countryside' malarkey. Well its only just outside London, but very few streetlights, and very few pavements.   I didn't want to run off road this w/e, partly because it would have been really muddy, and partly cos I wanted a more marathon specific long run, so that made for a couple of 'interesting' excusions - On Saturday evening in pouring rain and pitch dark by the time I was finishing,  having to run as near the edge of the road as poss whenever a car approached which meant splashing throught he rainwatere pouring down the gutter, and then yesterday on my 20ml route one busy main road which I assumed would have a pavement didn't, so only about 2mls along it but a bit scarey running towards cars racing along at 70mph++.  Back to civilization of lights and pavements now.

I've glanced back so apologies for anything vital I've missed, but

Gobi, well done on the PB and happy birthday

And Wabo, a PB, too

Scobos, I didn't have you down as someone who would be put off by a bit of weather,!

NZC, Podro, Tipptop our Vets T&F league always have the 800m and 3000 m on the same evening, then 400 & 1500m the alternate month.  Of course it isn't compulsory to do them both !  ... or at least it wouldn't be if the club had a few more runners

What: 4ml easy
Why;  a recovery day before a mega week

10/11/2008 at 22:51

Evening all.

What:  3 miles easy
Why:  2 seemed OK a couple of days ago.

So that will be 4 on Wednesday, and about 30 on Christmas day...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 22 of 22 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.