Monday 11th March 2011

21 to 25 of 25 messages
11/03/2013 at 19:25

If a picture paints a thousand words....nice one Don!

11/03/2013 at 20:15

Very nice Donaldo.

Wabo - you really are going well - keep it up.

alehouse/little miss happy - I'd love to send you this hot weather we've been having - I'd love to be doing a long run in long sleeves and legging, not shorts, singlet, cap, sun screen and tipping water over my head when I get so hot! I think these garmins should record body temperature as well

little miss happy - do you think 20 miles is a good idea? 

11/03/2013 at 20:32

I'm not planning on racing it NZC - I shall run to HR and just use it as a LSR - assuming I'm ok to run by then. It will only be two weeks since my last 20 miler so as long as I'm well enough I don't think it should be an issue. I cope much better with heat than cold - maybe we should swap!

It does indeed look like a lovely part of the world to live and run in donaldo - we were very grey at 1730hrs with this snow.

11/03/2013 at 20:58

nice and jealous now Donaldo.....

Rest day here as pooped....

Back to the heavy training tomorrow

Take care

Blisters    pirate
11/03/2013 at 22:03

LMH, I’m sure that the antibiotics will give it a big hit, (probably with a runny tummy side effect) but please persevere and finish the course. The medics are forecasting greater incidence of antibiotic resistant strains of disease.

Dustin, taper nerves yet?

Ale’ouse. I can confirm that it was cold. Especially so when stood on top of a concrete plant in the open countryside. Apparently 0 degrees, but feels like -7 with the wind chill effect. Well, it felt colder than that.

7D. Great race report, and a sanguine review of the aftermath. Did it not twig that reaching the 10k point in 10k pb pace might have meant that the next 10k were going to be a bit of a challenge? It’s OK, we’ve all done it several times. However, it was still a cracking time for a “disaster”, especially when you drop into conversation that you have lost between a third and a half of your body weight.

Donaldo. Fantastic photos, and a reminder why folks in the North like it there.

NZC. We are jealous.

Training for me? Not being a great fan of freezing to death, I chose the garage. It was still as cold, but I’m learning that I can peel layers off as appropriate without getting them damp. I ended up in T shirt and shorts, with the gloves last to be ditched. The net result was 90 minutes on the turbo bike (the old hack). That was a pleasing result, as I’ve not been doing enough.

Lyrics? No.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.