Monday 11th October 2010

21 to 24 of 24 messages
11/10/2010 at 20:25

Evening,

Catchy-uppy time!

Just got to read M's report properly... well done again! Only 65 secs behind first lady too, that's amazing.

Thanks everyone for the supportive comments re: tapering. LOL Paul, I'd like to throw 'I'm Going Slightly Mad' by Queen into the mix

Hope you get your legs back soon LMUH. In the meantime, you're doing all you can.

Shame about your race Emzap, but glad you had a nice run anyway. Another previous victim of gardening injuries here - take it easy!

Nice intervals 41.

And nice run Stickless, lovely post as always.

NZC, I agree that you'll find it on the day. I think everyone feels a bit crappy at that stage... the long runs start to catch up with you and your body is crying out for the taper.

Of course, when you reach the bloody thing it drives you nuts. Yesterday's LSR was just 12 miles, and was ok but my body was definitely complaining. By the late evening I had a sore throat and was sniffly, and today I'm necking the Day Nurse and blaming the students (bloody fresher's flu!). It's only in the very early stages so fingers crossed it'll pass quickly instead of developing into a full-blown cold.

How are you getting on Paddy?

What: Rest and paranoia

Why: Taper

Last hard: Calming down when someone coughed in my presence

Last rest: Now

Lyrics: No

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

11/10/2010 at 20:49
oh madame o i remember taper paranoia

did my second run and shaved about half a min off my hilly 4.5 run i keep doing, 41 hound cheers, it was good
so
4.5 miles in 44.40 with monster hill in first 1.5 miles
I do believe I am getting back in a good zone, please let it stay!

11/10/2010 at 21:04

Just in for a nosey !

Good, its been busy today on here.

Read back now to catch up.

11/10/2010 at 21:27

M brilliant well run

emzap shame about the race

Stickless parkruns are really good def give it a go

Madame O try and keep sane(ish) another good choice of taper song

Wabo 2 runs in a day good stuff

No running for me today, after getting in from worklate last night took eldest back to Chester, getting home again about 0145 then up at 0545 for work. Not at work until 1430 on Tuesday so will get a run in after dropping kids at school

Edited: 11/10/2010 at 21:28

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.