Monday 12th November 2012

21 to 28 of 28 messages
12/11/2012 at 18:20

Little Miss Happy - what race are you tapering for?

Tom - we only have one 10 mile race in Auckland and that is one with a very long uphill, maybe about a mile, it does come down at the finish as well, so you have to go out hard, somehow get up the hill, then let it all go down the hill.

Half marathons are all the go here and very popular. For a while I thought the marathon numbers were going to really drop off, and now most marathons incude half marathons as well. Bit sad really as Rotorua, was always just a marathon, but now all sorts of distances are included. It's all about the dollar! But I guess if they are going to put an event on, they should be able to make some money out of it.

Now you are making me think what my bett age-grade would have been. I'll have to look into it, whether it was in the '80s or now. I ran in the '60s and '70s, but like Alehouse, I mainly ran x-country.

Alehouse - sounds like a good idea having the day off. I remember my friend who had her foot operated onl stayed off her foot for some time.

Pammie - good luck with the 1000 target!

12/11/2012 at 18:33
Hi NZC! Would be interesting to see what your WAVA scores were! Be warned, the women's marathon does not come out particularly well because it seems to be weighed against Paula's 2:15!

Pammie: have you entered MK marathon? Had an email today about it.
12/11/2012 at 20:00

Aaaargh...why has 5k just seemed like a mara....think I know what tomorrow's 1st post is going to look like...so unfit
LMH revised time having discussd with fellow entrants, despite my lack of fitness and because of theirs...2.10. I'm going to be so cold and so bored!!!!

12/11/2012 at 20:54

thanks for all the encouragment guys, definitely feeling more confident about things now.

What: body pump at the gym

Why: been meaning to try it for ages. It was bloody hard work but an excellent work out, fear my arms will be in a lot of pain tomorrow!

Last hard: yesterday's 5K

Last rest: Saturday

12/11/2012 at 21:05
What: zilch
Why: anchored to iv drip
Last hard: last night when I developed acute abdominal pain and got admitted to hospital. Comfortable now and endoscopy normal.
12/11/2012 at 21:09

Hope its nothing serious OH

12/11/2012 at 22:21

Nowt here, partly in Taper for Gosport on Sun, and partly was in Coventry all day then a Hampshire Road race league committee meeting tonight...

Now officially shattered

12/11/2012 at 22:39
OH! That sounds a bit careless/drastic/ uncomfortable/worrying (delete as appropriate). Hope you are back on your feet quickly!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.