Monday 15th June 09

21 to 27 of 27 messages
15/06/2009 at 16:11

What a fantastic weekend!

15/06/2009 at 16:14

Afternoon

Fraid my run didn't happen. We had guests pop round then i had to eat before the dentist as eating afterwards might be difficult.

Tooth extracted by cheerful dentist but can't run now - not advised. Still hope to get back to it tomorrow

Thanks for the replies to gels.
AF - oh yes i remember you are the toast man.

TmR - Sorry missed saying congrats to you for yesterday great to pb esp good. Well done

Adrian - well done for yesterday. Just curious whens the next 10km, not horndon perchance

Blisters    pirate
15/06/2009 at 19:39

AF I do hope that it is not a panic inducing fracture as you intimate.

Ceal: Of course I must add my congratulations to a worthy winner and record holder. Apart from the running bit, how much stretching and core work do you do in order to avoid injury and stay supple?

TmR pb'd? Did I miss out the opportunity to congratulate? The good times are here again!

Righty ho. Just back in and showered twice. Once by a rumbly cloud. Once was neeece and warm. 9.8 miles, mostly lost around the East End of London, Docklands and Canary Wharf. I tried to track that bit of the mara route but it just did not seem right. I even found Mudchute but without the cheering crowd 5 deep (and Mrs S) it seemed odd. I could swear that there were ghosts of forumites still there. I am able to report tonight courtesy of Garmin whose technology brought me home. Otherwise I'd still be out there heading for Tower Bridge and going completely the wrong way.

15/06/2009 at 21:02

Gobi - you sound one very happy person.

Ceal - fantastic achievement - thanks for explaining the 101%

TMR - congrats on the discus PB.

Adrian - sounds like there is much more to take off your new PB.

AF - be careful with the lacing of your shoes!!

Blisters - sounds like you had a good run.

What: 6 miles hilly - quite warm by the time I'd finished.

Good running everyone.

15/06/2009 at 21:47

Hi Pammie*

I wont be at Horndon, am doing the Cliffe Woods 10k next month. Its only 5 miles from where I live and a couple of old school friends I bumped into on Sunday are doing it. A good excuse for a catch-up beer afterwards as well.

Hi NZChristine

There is definitely a lot more to come, just kicking myself for not making the most of Sunday. Did the first 6K in about 26 mins and feeling strong, but was running at a faster pace than I was planning, panicked and slowed my pace right down (to virtually a walk). Got to the end with a lot left in the tank. I guess the pacing will come with experience.

15/06/2009 at 21:53
Pammie

Gels - carry one in a 10 miler but not usually used unless I did a long warm up, I take one at 9 miles(ish)in a half marathon.

Cheers all, the race was very different and yeah being sucked in. That said inside me a runner is still waiting to get out.
15/06/2009 at 22:51

Greetings all,

Quick post, 8m done and dusted

Hope all are well

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.