Monday 21st April 2014

21 to 25 of 25 messages
21/04/2014 at 20:26

Marathons eh? You never know what you're going to get until the day. As others have said chickadee I hope that you had a great day even if the time wasn't what you'd trained for.

21/04/2014 at 21:00

Well done Chickadee

Well sun came out and I couldn't resist a lap of Scapa (3 miles) after my token gardening. Followed on by swim improvers lesson this evening.

21/04/2014 at 21:46

Another dreadful finishing image!

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/456406/gallery/10246286_714718321913283_2164989416409719008_n.jpg?width=350

21/04/2014 at 22:36
Hi guys, this was probably the hardest but also most rewarding thing I've ever done. Boiling hot and I'm quite sunburnt. Completely underestimated now tough the course is so switched to fun running pretty early on only it wasn't that much fun in the end. Temps were in the 70s and too hot for me but the crowds were the most amazing I've ever experienced. Glad I finished though. Quads are fried and my back isn't talking to me right now but it held up. Phew. Now I need to lie down for a bit coz I got a bit of heat stroke and had the medics worried for a bit but I'm fine(I think).

Boston is amazing, especially after last year's events. The vibe is incredible and I glad I partied with the crowds even though it meant I had to adopt a run/walk strategy later in the race but everyone around me seemed to struggle.

Boston strong I say!! There's always another marathon for a fast time, especially one that doesn't involve time zone travel because I have not managed to sleep more than 2or 3 hours each night
22/04/2014 at 01:43

Chickadee - it's always hard not knowing what a course/race is going to be like. The weather you cannot control, and if I'm running it is usually hot! I don't handle the heat well either.

It's always hard travelling from this side of the world too - you just have to deal with what you get. 

Well battled - how did you find the hills?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.