Monday 21st January 2013

21 to 28 of 28 messages
21/01/2013 at 20:15

Been absent without leave again! Good to see M. holding up the NZ part of the thread!

Alehouse - looks like things have been improving for you! 55 minutes - great stuff!

Little Miss happy - still training well - is it for London marathon, or a tri?

Tom - are you cycling now?

What: 5km run/walk with son in Cornwall Park, with sunglasses on! Yes, exactly the opposite weather to what you guys are having. I always find it hard to get motivated to run when it is hot.

21/01/2013 at 20:20

Hi NZC! It was 55mins walk...it will be some time before it is 55 minutes run! Glad its hot!

21/01/2013 at 20:26

Alehouse - 55 minutes is 55 minutes! Last time I looked, you weren't going anywhere! Just don't overdo it and you'll be posting walk/runs soon

Blisters    pirate
21/01/2013 at 21:05

Lyrics, nope. Continued fortitude, Alehouse.

LMH, well done on getting out there and it must be said ENJOYING the conditions. The fresh stuff is lovely.

Emz, you are right, the trails are the place to be. Glad you survived the ankle breakers though.

M, was that 11k a planned session? Or just something you make up as you go along?

Dustin (of snow?)  Like you I have never actually skied on snow. I recall a couple of sessions on a dry ski slope, with about 40 years between them. This is most odd for someone like me who will try their hand at anything practical, especially when I was known as a hard man of the mountains at one point. Good luck at the Southern XC at the weekend.

OH, open water swimming in winter? You’ll be telling me that you go without a wetsuit next.

Chick, take it steady. (Washes hands vigorously)

Postie, a run bagged is a run bagged.

NZC, nice to see you here again. I heard that Sydney was copping for 45 degrees, what have you folks been getting?

Me? Worked through lunchtime, got away early and decided to hook the bike onto the turbo. The target was “Gladiator” start to finish. I didn’t realise that the film was 2h20m long. Taking a 3 minute hill every 15 minutes, or maybe a speeded up section broke up the sameness. Total was 37 miles, and I know it.

21/01/2013 at 21:07

I heard earlier that the Southern is cancelled! Might damage the park!

21/01/2013 at 21:27

Blisters Is there any other way?

Bit of the white stuff settling here now ...

21/01/2013 at 21:56

yeah southerns at Parly Hill cancelled ... too many sledgers at the weekend have left it unviable. First time its been cancelled (other than for world wars...)

21/01/2013 at 22:34

Quick post,

thanks for comments yesterday

5.75m tonight round the ind est, as clear of ice / slush and snow....

Take care

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.