Monday 29th April 2013

1 to 20 of 35 messages
29/04/2013 at 06:45

Morning.

Lyrics - What would you say if I said something strange

Glad you're happy with it Blisters - it's difficult when you're multisporting. Sounds as though we'll be on pretty much the same programme from here on in. Even if postie decides to use his Abo number there are always loads around if you let it be known you're looking. I have an entry that's only likely to be used if I get hauled out of the swim at Almere again - or don't even get that far.

Postie - seriously thinking of no autumn marathon?

Paddy - entered months ago. Plan was always to focus on VLM whilst keeping a base in swim and bike then play catch up.

What:            an hours easy run
Why:             I want to - and weather is more conducive to biking tomorrow
Last hard:      resting so much
Last rest:       even yesterday was nearly as good as a rest.

29/04/2013 at 07:48

morning!
Blisters - I was half joking, give me the trail marathons these days over road. I'd heard about Luton being, ahem, less than inspirational. To be honest I thought Abingdon was quite dull though..I have however entered the VLM2014 ballot would be nice to run it 20 years after my marathon debut and would be the 4th time I'd have got in through the ballot (although did get in one year through the old 'five rejects and you're in' method).
I digress,
what - 6 or 7 easy
why - all this marathon talk...
last rest - saturday
last hard - yesterdays lsr

Lyric - I think so

29/04/2013 at 08:08
Alehouse - currently in my any mile run is a good mile phase. I have an appointment on wednesday to have my SIJ mobilised yet again,, which hopefully will make things a little easier.
29/04/2013 at 08:20

Morning!

Indeed Tom, any kilometre is a good one, although it might not feel like it at the time.

What: rest

Why: work then QofP

Lyrics: familiar. So that's no.

29/04/2013 at 08:39

Decided to rest this morning.

Might do something easy later. r&r week (with a bit!!!).

29/04/2013 at 08:56

Morning all

What: rest, might go for a walk actually, heard there's a route between front door and band rehearsal space that is 12 miles long, might go and recce it as it goes through some unfamiliar lands.

Why: resting because I'm shattered from yesterday, recceing for future training reasons.

Last rest: I had a couple of days rest before the 10k. Before that I don't remember.

Last hard: apat from yesterday did 11 miles through the Pennines from Greenfield to Hadfield.

Lyrics: not a clue.

29/04/2013 at 09:11

Nice one, Blisters

Hope you get re-mobilised soon, Tom

Dustin:
nice marathon challenge - something different to all those big city marathons!

Half-heartedly checked the VLM overseas ballot but not really keen on dishing out 80 quid. I much rather do Boston next year

what: maybe 2 or 3 miles tonight; maybe rest
why: recovering
last hard: 21/4
last rest: 26/4
lyrics: no

29/04/2013 at 10:17

chicka - ahh, but is London cheaper to get to?

29/04/2013 at 11:31

whooops - eerrr, in a way yes I s'pose   BUT we were planning a big US trip anyway (involving Historic Route 66) so Boston could quite easily be included in the itinerary

29/04/2013 at 12:31

What: 3.5 miles up that hill (remember the hill I wanted to conquer just after moving here?  Well I did it )
Why: training plan said 30-40 mins inc hills.  Plus there were baby wildschwein at the top.  I didn't see them though, just the big ones

Last hard: getting to the top of that hill!

Lyrics: nope

Off to UK tomorrow so needed to get some training in as will be limited chances till next Monday.

Blisters, 7D great races

London marathon ballot already closed

Have a good day all.

29/04/2013 at 12:45

Afternoon

Entered the ballot  before bed half joked wondered  if  it would close quicker than last year it did quicker than I thought. Know I said I wouldn't do any spring marathons  due to my work but its local - we shall see

Whatlan 3 miles run walk
Why: getting fit again
Last Hard: yesterday
Lyrics no

29/04/2013 at 12:48

Managed to sneak into the VLM ballot then, stroke of luck.

29/04/2013 at 13:17

Afternoon all

my bubble has burst, vlm changed the GFA today and so I do not have a gfa, plus because I thought I did and trained for that specifically, I didnt enter the ballot so I will not even be eligible for a club place. Cannot believe how disappointed I am, I keep telling myself I still have my pb...

nice one pammie

7D 11 miles through the pennines sounds amazing!

lmh, I also feel I want to run later

what: track later

why: I want to and maybe it might cheer me up

last hard: seeing that gfa news

last easy: all week

hey ho, worse things can happen wabo.

29/04/2013 at 14:09

wabo: a few others have fallen foul of the new GFA regulations. Very very disappointing for some

But no-one can take your PB away

29/04/2013 at 14:22

3 miles runned no walk just a few standstill pauses waiting to cross roads = slow  but non stop

Wabo - So sorry

29/04/2013 at 15:06

Sorry to hear that Wabo. At least they did announce the new GFA before the ballot - when I last looked at the website they were saying it would be some time in May - not that it helps you at all.

Well done Pammie. You're getting it back

emzap - the hill is conquered!!! Twice the next target?

I had an enjoyable 7 mile run and managed to pick up the pace a little for the last mile. Peak flow is back up to 490 and HR/pace relationship is about where I'd expect - does the reduced peak flow increase my HR for pace? The obvious answer would be yes but I'm not sure if there's any evidence for it.

29/04/2013 at 15:13

Emz- good hill work!
Wabo - that sucks, I'm sure you could argue for you to be included in the club ballot, if you were under the impression of GFA? Our club asks to see the reject slip to go into our draw, but I think there is a case for those tripped up by the moving goalposts...

29/04/2013 at 15:20

What: 17.6 D+D. Windy bright sunny with heavy wintry showers. Included 7 miles up the coastal path with some wild seas, along daffodil lined lanes and by a couple of lochs.
Sounds idyllic?
Actually the last 4 miles back down the straight A road were quite tough

Why: last chance for a long run before Cape Wrath week
Last Rest: yesterday
Last Hard: 9 days ago
Lyrics: no

Gutted for you Wabo ( but there's life outside London ...)
LM.H should think so (as HR rises as asthma exacerbation gets worse)
emzap great it will seem much easier next time
(and hopefully not a boar! groan )

29/04/2013 at 15:24

dustin yes I guess so, but I am more thinking what OH says tbh...

OH enjoy cape wrath! told you my club is going en masse, not me though no hols left..

29/04/2013 at 15:47

Wabo sorry to hear that
OH I'm going to pretend you didn't make that joke...it was too bad!!!

1 to 20 of 35 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.