Monday 3rd September 2012

21 to 33 of 33 messages
03/09/2012 at 18:09

Ale: accomo was only deposit and they've been fine about cancellation. Flights are gone - Ryanair make it impossible to change names to sell it on. Race & train fees in the process of being refunded. Thinking about doing the Garstang half on the same day, or maybe having a go at my 10k time at Boggart Chase.

03/09/2012 at 18:10

That's speedy, Tom! Neither tempo or steady: must qualify as an extended fartlek!

Physio report: circumspect was mentioned! Heading in the right direction. Listen to body. Expect to be creaky first thing in the morning. Up the exercises as long as the creakiness lasts no more than a couple of hours and backs off. No static stretches: gently dynamic only. "Run" 3 times a week up to 10 x 30 seconds. Walk. Walk backwards lots. Review by email in two weeks. Next visit in four.

03/09/2012 at 18:14

7D: bad news about Ryanair. For what its worth I would do Garstang. Boggart is likely to be pretty hilly and not a PB course: have you ever run there! We used to go there for the longggg hills! Try to look at times from previous races: do you ever use http://ukresults.net/   or

http://www.race-results.co.uk/results/2012/index.php

03/09/2012 at 18:15

Yeah, I use both. Garstang it is!

03/09/2012 at 18:27

7d: Sutton 6 which is now a 10k is the fastest course on that day but wouldn't know how you would get there! Ran it years ago as a 6 miler and it was quick. Edit: I think it was actually a different Sutton (Sutton St. Helens) that I did now that I look at the results.

Edited: 03/09/2012 at 18:36
03/09/2012 at 19:52

That's a shame 7d - lack of entries?

Circumspect positivity it is then Alehouse.

03/09/2012 at 20:03
Now upgraded to severe gale warning (force 9) here Tuesday afternoon so that might curtail activities.
03/09/2012 at 20:18

Pammie/LMH: 'circumstances beyond control'. There were a lot of people copied into the email but given the vagueness I'd say that lack of entries. Dublin Marathon is the same weekend, as well as being near halves like Dingle and Valencia Island - might take the shine off.

Opted for the Sutton Six 10k, think I can take a train to Chester and get a taxi to the hamlet it's in.

03/09/2012 at 22:19

sorry to hear 7D ref the race, but looks like you have most of your new plans sorted.

Chick - Jnr is 16 and 17 in Nov... too fast for me now...

5.25m before work (new job today, all went well)

Club committee meeting tonight - Painfully slow going, but going in the right direction

Take care

03/09/2012 at 22:23

RFJ: forgot the new job started to day! Hope it continues to please! I guess everything has been sorted out club-wise and that there is no need to move! How much training is junior doing?

Blisters    pirate
04/09/2012 at 00:22

7D, my parents live in  Garstang. I've got my 10 mile pb there. Hissing rain and cold. I only warmed up by mile 8. If it's basically the same course it's good for pbs.

Tom, now that WAS a cracking run. I totally relate to that sort of outing. Dire dire dire, wind it up, finish on a screamer.

For me, traffic delays meant that I got home an hour and a half later than planned. End of fun.

04/09/2012 at 09:15

7d - there are other races if you dont want to waste the flights. I can recon for you if you want! I know there's a half marathon in Sligo on the same weekend. If youre flying to Dublin the onward journey isnt much further (but in a different direction) and you should get accomodation.

7D - Its actually the Dublin Half Marathon too that same weekend. Although officially closed you might get an entry - i can have an ask for you if you want.

Edited: 04/09/2012 at 09:29
04/09/2012 at 09:31

2k swim d&d.

Maybe a cycle later.

The man says that its ITB related. He done his stuff and hopefully things are on the up. No big jump back to running just yet.

OH wexford

Great dip in the Sea yesterday with the kids.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 33 of 33 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.