Monday 8th October 2012

21 to 27 of 27 messages
08/10/2012 at 18:10
LMH - just to second Alehouse's comments.

Chick: You're report was fabulous....as was your race. You had me doing all your maths as you detailed your splits. It sounded like you were clipping along at just under 5:00 per kilometre.....so when you said 1.5k to go and 8mins to do it...I knew it was in the bag.

You've had a few tough times this year, so the next time you feel a bit low get this report out, reread it and remind yourself what a star you are.
08/10/2012 at 18:26

Afternoon

Chick Excellent report i felt i was alongside you well in mind anyway Great glad you got it. You deserve it.

Alehouse Best of luck for Thursday
Tm Good news re shoes hope phiz goes well

What: 4.12 miles several stops with roads
Why: sussing out a new route
Last Hard: Yesterday
Lyrics no though i did google

A little tightness from yesterday  but not too bad suppose  there is more  to come Have entered New years day 10km now about 12 weeks i think

08/10/2012 at 18:42

I know you're right guys but it's hard to think like that when one mile at MP is such hard work that you can't imagine doing a second never mind another 25! Thankfully it was all feeling a little easier by mile 4. My current thinking is that regular running, albeit short and easy, will just remind the legs what they know really and also give me something to taper from next week.

I wonder if it would be worth investing in a pair in the larger size too Tom - just to see? Did you order them online? If your old ones are a couple of years old it's possible that the last they build them on could have changed significantly (I couldn't wear Adidas as they were too narrow but they are now fine) so worth giving them a good wear round the house first. Sorry - that's probably teaching yo to suck eggs.

08/10/2012 at 19:02

First rate, Chickadee, absolutely first rate. You've inspired me over the edge toward committing to a marathon for 2013. Watch this space!

08/10/2012 at 20:34

Wow - I'm so glad I looked in here! Huge congratulations Chickadee! Fantastic report, fabulous racing. Loved it!

alehouse - sorry to see you are still in the wars! Good luck with the tests.

Tom - good to see you are still going strong. Shoes are always a problem. I like light shoes too, but really don't know if I should. I tried out a really light pair of racing shoes on my 31.4km run on Sunday as I want to wear them in the marathon at the end of the month. I had a pretty sore ankle by the end of it. It's just that light shoes make your running feel like running rather than shuffling!

Think I will still wear them in the marathon - might help me get under 4 hrs!

Blisters    pirate
08/10/2012 at 21:24

Yay, Chickadee, a proper race report like the old days! 8 minutes to go and I had myself screaming at you to HTFU. Those calf cramps can completely knock 5 minutes off anyone's race. It's what caused Dull Napoleon (10x not quite sub 3) to quit. Not you. You licked your target. Good one. I'd guess that it will take you a week to get your salts back in balance. They don't tell you that in the manuals, but if you've cramped then you need to be putting salt on your dinner for the next week.

Tom. Happy new shoes. Fingers crossed.

NZC, welcome back, you must have been lurking. You've clearly been cheating, sorry I mean training. Sub 4? One hopes so.

Me? Hmm. Oddly stiff legs. DOMS from Saturday? A bit late for training by the time I got home. So stuff it. Rest day.

08/10/2012 at 21:31

Fab report Chick, so chiffed for you

Tom sounds good news

Ale hope all goes to plan on Thursday

4.25m easy tonight for me

Lyrics no (as usual)

Take care

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.