Monday 9th March 2009

21 to 25 of 25 messages
Blisters    pirate
09/03/2009 at 21:42

NZ Christine YaaaaaaaaaaaaHoooooooooooooooo Brilliant REEEESULT !

TmR: I'm pleased that you had a rivalry race yesterday, and that you were able to get into gear and give it some welly. And I did spot that Sharkie couldn't subtract two numbers. But it was the best 10k for 16 years.

Scobos: A grand report, and I can appreciate the concept of whether to go with the group and prevent the break forming. You did some real racing and trying to break the pace in that 10th mile.

Graham: a sad loss of such a young chap.

Podro: Why is it that you make me laugh so much?

Now then my chickens, I suppose that I'd better go and waddle outside for a bit, just as soon as I've finished on the confuser. Hmm it sounds like I'm wavering already.

09/03/2009 at 21:54

NZC, our posts yesterday crossed, so sorry I missed yours. That's a brilliant time from you, and great that you were able to keep the pace up, and off not so specific marathon training too, if I'm right.

clink, mum to stay isn't that bad as pre race prep, cos I get to sit down more to be polite, rather than rushing around doing things all the time !

TT. I certainly thought I was working harder than I was; C does far less mileage and her legs would have been very fresh (and she is 8 or so years younger); great to hear that your run this am went well.  Are you donig Silverstone next Sun ?

AF that was certainly the case when I dropped behind my training partner last Tues, when it was similarly windy, but he can do 400s loads faster

sharkie, Good detective work re NZC !    

What: nothing
Why: very tired, so thought it was a good way to start an easy week (though I had an extra 3 days of easy last week)

09/03/2009 at 23:03

long day today.

what :am. 10miles 66 mins,  pm 13 miles 73 minutes

why :had to run to and from work today no car.

same again tomorrow

09/03/2009 at 23:09

evening

late post, need to be quick

nonetheless, can't let NZC's marathon performance pass by - what a brilliant effort. Well done for not backing off when you realised you were way ahead of the schedule you expected.

Scobos - good race, sounds like you were unfortunate to end up in the "wrong" group

TMR - age group win and a 16 year PB  - even if you couldn't catch your rival, that's not a bad day at the office by any stretch

what: 10.7 miles, d&d in 86:00, mean HR 143. That does however include a ~4:30 hiatus for pitstop (at a conveniently (no pun intended) located Morrisons) just after the 5 mile mark.
why: needed a longer outing after missing weekend long run with cold

Calves a bit tight, and were so last night as well. My fault for only stretching after my runs - things seem to have tightened up quite a bit during my days off.

Edited: 09/03/2009 at 23:16
10/03/2009 at 00:04

Good evening all - just catching up...

NZC - awesome!  Congratulations on a great run.

Also honourable mentions to some good racing at the weekend, Scobos, Blisters, RFJ et al.

Graham - sorry to hear the sad news.

Good luck to those of you making tentative comebacks, Gobi, Podro, TT, Clink.

My apologies if I've missed anybody.

SD

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.