Monday Session - 11 November

41 to 49 of 49 messages
11/11/2002 at 20:51
What
£ miler recovery run. Apparently my legs DO work and my guts don't samba on a Mondy. felt great, strong, solid, plenty in the tank. What the H*LL went wrong yesterday?
11/11/2002 at 21:17
Well done Parky, I'm in awe, I know my journey's different to yours but let's just say you're gonna get there quicker!

Hilly, I think you're mad to have a day like yesterday after setting a 1/2m PB! MM, I did race Sat, posted under Sat training thread, nothing noteworthy about my performance but the experience was fantastic.

What: Another near-death experience at the club. 5 * long intervals, walk recovery.
Why: that's what they do every other week, otherwise it's hillreps which I prefer.
Definitely hadn't recovered from Sat as I started running out of steam on the 3rd lap, and had to force myself to complete the session.
Especially considering my lacklustre performance, both amazed and simultaneously horrified to find the coach promoted me to the fast group as of next week - they do 6 of these and 10 hill reps, as if it wasn't bad enough already.

Does anyone else find they need more than one easy day between hard sessions? Sat race was an hour at 92% HR, but I was really struggling tonight despite yesterday being dead easy. I feel it's only worthwhile doing these sessions if I'm fresh enough, but that seems to mean nothing too hard at the weekends at present. Or is it just a case of getting used to it?
Psi
11/11/2002 at 21:35
Grr. Pain recurred - midly but in a localised fashion - so I was left to walk home after only about 500 metres. I'm taking no chances. I suspect it may be my shoes - the insoles have rather generous arch support for a 'neutral' shoe and when I removed them later for a very short jog/walk to the shops it seemed less painful.. hmm.
11/11/2002 at 21:42
Laura,
yes I'm silly to work so hard the day after a hard race, but that's me!!

Anyway to answer your question, I normally find the day after a hard session is easier than 48hrs after. So if I've raced on Sunday then Tuesday will be the day I feel tired and lacklustre. So although I went out yesterday after a race, today I feel tired and have decided to use this as my rest day for the week. Tomorrow I should be back to normal and able to run tempo with speed on Thursday.

I find for obvious reasons that recovery from hard races takes longer than recovery from hard training. That's most probably why you struggled tonight.

Congratulations on your promotion!!
11/11/2002 at 22:23
Evening all.
Congrats to Parky on the peebee.

What : 3 mile slow (25mins)
Why : easy recovery after yesterdays 16.5 miler.
Last hard : Sunday
Last Rest : Thursday

11/11/2002 at 22:28
Good result Parky - when do you think you'll beat 60 minutes? Have you beaten 1:20 yet for a 1/2 marathon?
11/11/2002 at 22:49
very slow 5km eq. on xtrainer - 29 mins - lame, but i knocked over a glass - tried to type bled a lot

about to try another 5km equiv. and see if i can blast that time into space
11/11/2002 at 23:45
Now aching.....

Sympathy gratefully received...
11/11/2002 at 23:52
whipped time second 5k 22.47 - if onyl i could run like that - is there a cross trainer marathon

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 49 of 49 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.