21 to 31 of 31 messages
18/11/2002 at 13:29
What: 5K treadmill
Why: Not allowed more, and knee a tad iffy
Hard: Long ago
Rest: Yesterday

Take care, Psi. And point well noted.
18/11/2002 at 14:26
Psi, that's tragic. Really sorry to hear the news.

What: Rest + Sauna
Why: I'm taking Laura L's advice (well I never run on a Monday, but 30 minutes in a ridiculously hot room is warranted after yesterday).
Last hard run: Yesterday
Last rest day: Today
Psi
18/11/2002 at 18:14
Thanks everyone. It was specially hard as I had no idea until our regimental dinner night on Saturday night - I was looking for her in the sherry reception as she always attended them, but couldnt find her.

Then when we went down to dinner, instead of sitting down, the C.O. said, "Ladies and gentlemen of the mess: it is my sad duty to inform you of the death of ... " etc. Not a nice way to find out - I'd head a guy called Rich say something before but didnt realise what he was on about.

She wasn't a super fast runner, but when she ran with work she tried her hardest, as we all should do. :)

Finally, any of you Manchester lot, if you are in the area and have time to go to the Cheshire Cat pub in Fallowfield (the one that's a converted church), you can see the floral tributes and - if it's still there - a photo of her and her friend (Ruth is the one on the right).

sorry for making this a rather morose thread, but hell, if any of you lot want to stay up til 5 past midnight to post a more cheerful one, be my guest (except for mr. godzilla .. i'll take you on any day pal ;) ;) )
18/11/2002 at 19:40
Sad news Psi and an awful way to find out.

Today's training consisted of a trip to the gym for the following cross training:

rowing machine-3000m
stationary bike-15 mins
stair climber-15 mins
upper body weights, 3 different exercises-3x25 reps 30secs between each set.
hip flexes-3x25 reps.
back exercises-3x15.
Ab crunches-3x50.
press ups-3x30.
Finished with a good stretch.
Total time of workout= 1hr 30mins

18/11/2002 at 20:13
Psi, really sorry to hear about your friend, what an awful way to find out. You must have been shocked.

It does us all good to get things into perspective sometimes.

What: 8 * hillreps
Why: club session, coach was late so I sneaked into the slow-middling group where I belong.
Last hard: tonight, but i think I could have worked harder.
Last rest: Fri.
18/11/2002 at 20:18
Tough news mate
18/11/2002 at 20:32
Sorry to hear about your friend Psi, never easy losing someone close.

reflective flashy things are on my xmas list

what: turned my recovery session into a speed session ran my usual speed/recovery route nearly 4 mins faster than last effort (the run that made me decide to quit smoking)

why: very angry for no apparent reason, needed to feel the burn

last hard: you, show me hard eh? - c'mon sunshine...

last rest: Sarraday
18/11/2002 at 21:28
i echo the sentiments about your friend.

what : club night - steady 6 miles
why : easy run after yesterday's hard(ish) 5 mile race
last hard - yesterday
last rest - thursday

looking forward to a rest day tomorrow and then starting to taper for sunday's 1/2M (Clowne 1/2).
18/11/2002 at 22:36
Godzilla, don't leave it 'til xmas, someone recommended flashing armbands from bike shops, only £8.95, and they really improve your visibility.

Tonight in the car I met group of runners along pitch black lane, they were wearing head torches as well - these are probably the best thing if you run where it's really dark.
18/11/2002 at 23:09
Psi - sorry to hear your news :o(

Did about 6 miles around the local streets. Didn't plan the route, just went out and ran, which was really nice! Part of the route was across the local park in the dark, which wasn't a good idea as there was a gate half way across to keep out cars, and I didn't see it until I was right on top of it!

Dead chuffed after yesterday's run that I was recovered so well too.

Last Hard: Wednesday
Last Rest: Friday
Trogs    pirate
18/11/2002 at 23:36
Sad news Psi.

Rest day (apart from 2 brisk walks with dogs)for me today, as always on Monday. Ensures I'm well keyed up for my gym session tomorrow.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.