Monday Session - 18 November

1 to 20 of 31 messages
Psi
18/11/2002 at 00:35
When you go out training today, or resting or whatever, please remember how fortunate we are to be able to do such things. This weekend I found out about the death of Ruth, one of my best friends from work, in a road traffic accident. She wasn't running at the time, but if she had have been it wouldn't have made much difference. If you go out training on the road today, please be careful of traffic - unexpected accidents really do happen.

Anyway:

What: No running - still rehabilitating stress fracture - but probably a decent length cycle ride, followed by either a swim or some circuits.
Why: Have to keep active despite injury.

Last hard: Will be today.
Last rest: Yesterday.
18/11/2002 at 00:37
hear hear
18/11/2002 at 01:13
well put Psi

take it easy out there
cougie    pirate
18/11/2002 at 01:20
That's awful to hear about Psi.
And to think we get whingey when we get a cold or something minor that stops us from running.
This just puts it all in perspective.

Be safe people.
18/11/2002 at 09:26
Sorry to hear that PSI, sincerest sympathies.

I can appreciate your comments given the speeds some lunatics drive on the country roads near me.

What : 3 mile easy
Why : recovery run
Last Hard : Sunday
Last Rest : Last Tuesday
18/11/2002 at 09:28
A reminder of the dictum 'carpe diem', if one were needed.

What: swim drills (lunchtime)
6 mile steady after work

Last Hard: Friday
Last rest: The weekend!

Decided that my body needed time to adapt to the higher intensity training with my club. Couldn't remember when my legs didn't hurt. Next weeks 10K will tell me if the effort has been rewarded.
18/11/2002 at 09:40
Sorry to hear about your friend Ruth, Psi. Always makes you appreciate what you've got.
Take care today.
18/11/2002 at 09:45
Sorry to hear about your friend Psi. What with the fog this morning as well, it serves as a timely reminder to order that hi-vis bib for winter running at any time of the day or night.

What: - Long run
Why: - Nothing yesterday due to coming off a 12 hour night shift and I'm off all week now.

Last rest: - Sunday
Last hard: - Friday
18/11/2002 at 09:55
Sorry to here you bad news Psi - kind of makes what training we are doing today unimportant.

However,
What: Easy/steady 3-4 miles
Why: Always do this on a Monday coz have a hard session on a Tuesday

Last hard: Saturday
Last rest: Wednesday
18/11/2002 at 09:55
Really sorry to hear about your friend Psi. I've been really slack about wearing reflective clothes recently because there are so few cars where I live. But your post makes me realise, it only takes one car to make an accident.

What - 5-7 miles steady
Why - didn't run at weekend but did lots of snow-related sports so a recovery run, really.
Last (proper) rest - ages ago
Last hard - Friday
18/11/2002 at 10:07
Bit of a shock to read that Psi, puts all other things into perspective.

Any way this weeks training is

NOTHING - ALL WEEK

Why: I have a cold and so many niggling injuries I've decided complete rest would be a good idea, and after surpising myself at Brighton (25sec/mile faster than previous PB) I feel I can cope with the loss.

I'm sure by weds I'll be itching to run again so I'll need tis forum to stop me!

18/11/2002 at 10:27
Sorry about the bad news Psi.

What: 8km run easy (5 miles )
Why: Monday is normaly easy/steady due to longish runs on sunday, and resistance workout on chest.
Last Hard: Yesterday 10 miles + Squash
Last Rest: Saturday.

PS. Just got a copy of the bleep test through, cant wait to give it ago!
18/11/2002 at 10:40
Pretty sobering that is, Psi.

Bearing in mind also Cougie's injury (did that happen in the dark?), along with the injury one of the runners picked up on the hill reps session I did last Tuesday - makes you think "there but for the grace of God...."

Anyway, for today:

what: blissful rest
why: between long run and hard session
last hard day: Fri
last long day: Sun
last rest day: Mon
18/11/2002 at 10:58
Psi, makes you realise how fragile life can be and as Mike says - it could happen to anyone.

Today's session: Hill reps + weights
Why: strength training
Last hard day: yesterday
Last rest day: Saturday
WildWill    pirate
18/11/2002 at 12:01
Sorry to here about the bad news Psi.

What – Rest Day
Why – I deserve one

Last Hard Day – Thursday
Last Rest Day – (before today) Last Sunday

Will
18/11/2002 at 12:13
PSI, sorry. I feel bad, cos I had a run in the woods yesterday that was a truly fantastic experience- nature being so close and even tho I was a comparitive slug, just doing it was wonderful - soul development.

What: nothing - rest day after Fri, Sat and Sun sessions. Performance wasn't marvellous, but I feel fantastic. No stiffness in the back, which is what I was worrying about.
Think the belief is coming back.
18/11/2002 at 12:30
Sorry Psi, thinking of you and your friends family,

What: 13 miles hill sessions
Why lovely sunny day for once

Last hard: Friday
Last rest: Yesterday
18/11/2002 at 12:31
Terrible news, Psi. Are you OK? All we can do is trust that Ruth has gone somewhere where the running conditions are always prefect and your legs never get tired.

Made me think. I'm dreadful for playing chicken on the (many) roads round my way when aiming for a good time on a short run.

Rest day today after yesterday's race.
18/11/2002 at 12:43
Hi PSI - so, so sorry to hear of your sad news. Thinking of you.

What - Absolutely no exercise at all since Friday..
Why - Still suffering effects of hangover (yes, 3 days after getting drunk!!). Must be getting old...

Take care PSI... xx
18/11/2002 at 12:43
Very sorry about your friend Psi.

What: Rest
Why: Extremely tired from yesterdays race. Not quite over cold I think.

Last hard: Yesterday
Last rest: Saturday
1 to 20 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.