Monday Session - 2 December

1 to 20 of 21 messages
Psi
02/12/2002 at 03:08
Lucky I couldn't sleep really :)

What: 3-mile jolly. First proper attempt at running for a fair bit due to injuty.
Why: Obviously don't want to go too far, but I want to go for at least 2 1/2 to 3 miles (if possible) to get a good idea of the state of my foot.

Last hard: Upper body the other day.
Last rest: Yesterday.
02/12/2002 at 08:55
2nd ?
Just read the reports and threads from yesterday.
Congrats to all with the pbs.
Well done Laura, just found my post from Fridays training thread re your race : "Good luck Laura , with all the work and efforts you've been putting in,I think you'll surprise yourself (sub 45 ?)".
With your time I'd aim for 1.40-42 for a halfM.
Hilly - sounds like a fun event well done
MM - Hope the liver is fine today

Did my recovery run yesterday ~7m , and pleased that I did two loops in the middle , both just short of 2miles , within 2 secs of each other.Thats what I call steady pacing!

Today : hill reps (after dark) , intervals on grass (before dark) , depending on when I get out.
Why : weekly intervals ( a day early)
Last Rest : Friday
Last Hard : Saturdays x-c
02/12/2002 at 09:36
Morning all,

just checked out yesterdays thread, and there were some good pb's out there. Well done everyone!

What : Easy 5-6miler
Why : Its Monday and yesterday was rest day after cross country on Saturday. Well rest meaning eight hours decorating anyway!

Last Rest : Yesterday
Last Hard : Saturday
02/12/2002 at 09:37
what: rest day
why: as in the schedule. In any case, the calf didn't feel that good yesterday afternoon, so just as well.

last hard day: Fri
last long day: Sun
last rest day: Sat
02/12/2002 at 09:57
Morning all

Dark. Foggy. But saw sun yesterday for at least a minute.

And it's warmer than the UK.

What: 6 miles easy
Why: training programme says so
Last hard: yesterday
Last rest: Saturday
02/12/2002 at 10:19
Felicitations, all.

What: Snooze
Why: Zzzzzzzzz......

Zzz.
02/12/2002 at 11:27
What: am - turbo trainer, pm - weights + 40 minutes steady run
Why: you wouldn't believe how much a 40 minutes session on a turbo trainer can help your legs recover from a 10k. Much better than a recovery run.
Last hard day: yesterday
Last rest day: Saturday
WildWill    pirate
02/12/2002 at 12:27
What - 40 mins on turbo trainer
Why - first session after a 10 day lay off

Will
02/12/2002 at 13:04
I also had to read yesterdays postings and well done again to all those whose raced -some really good results - made me all the more frustrated at missing the XC race because of being away. Got our own club XC race to concentrate on for next week - I feel inspired.

What: 5.5m easy

Why: Need a gentle run after quite a bit of walking over the weeekend(certainly different muscles!!) and to work off some of the excessive eating and drinking.

Last Hard: Thusday club night.

Lasdt rest: Friday (walking Saturday and Sunday)

02/12/2002 at 13:39
Well done to all for weekends pbs.

What: Very easy 3 mile recovery run

Why: Because saturday i spent hrs down the gym,and yesterday done 15 miles and worked 12 shift last night, so im a little tired.

Last Hard: Sunday
Last Rest: Thursday

see yous all 2moz
02/12/2002 at 13:41
Afternoon all,

Cheers Dustin, I remember reading your other post and thinking 'sub45, who is he kidding?' But it seems a reasonable goal now! If I can get some good long runs in December I'll aim for 1.40-1.42 as you suggest.

What: Nothing.
Why: Can't make club session tonight due to work commitments, and would struggle to do much of a speed session anyway after yesterday.
However having read Drew's plans for today I feel like I'm skiving!
Last hard: Yesterday's 10K.
Last rest: Sat.
02/12/2002 at 13:56
What : 4 miles tonight
Why : start of the week.
Last : Does 1/4 mile in -25 count as a run (Pushing a sledge with two kids on it?), if not then Friday 2 runs, one of 2 miles slow pace and one two hours later of 1.75 miles fast downhill.
Last Rest : Sunday
02/12/2002 at 15:04
Well done to all who raced at the weekend - especially Laura: fantastic result, you must be really chuffed!

What: 4 miles with 5 x 2 minute intervals.
Why: Due to a really hectic weekend didn't get a long run in yesterday so need a hard session today.
Last hard: Friday - 2.7 miles in 19:28 (7.13 pace). Found it quite tough but pleased I was able to sustain the pace, although I think it was a little fast for a tempo run.
Last rest: Yesterday (Sunday).
02/12/2002 at 16:32
Afternoon!

What: circits for 1hr
Why: it's what I do on a Monday. Won't do too much leg work though as ankles are a little sore from yesterday.
Last hard: yesterday's race.
Last rest: Sat.
Psi
02/12/2002 at 18:03
Dustin, kind of 2nd, but the 1st was a bit abortive cos I'd not healed properly :)

Slight ache at start of run today, no pain subsequently (except for usual "getting back into it" twinges). Hoorah! :)
02/12/2002 at 18:11
evenin' all.

hilly, well done on yesterday's great effort - and you're training today, what a star!

what: am. 9 miles, including 5x1mile @ faster than 10K pace; pm. 6 miles steady.
why: need more miles!
last severe day: saturday
last rest: yesterday
02/12/2002 at 20:46
Achilles-some would say mad! To tell the truth I find it better to train the day after a race, even if tired. Circuits uses so many different muscles and I believe it gives core strength!!

As for yesterday, I have to say if anyone wants a fantastic off road race, put the Monty in your diaries for next Dec 7th.
02/12/2002 at 20:50
So called speedwork
200m at 11.2kph and 200m at 5.5 kph(yes , i HAVE to walk)
Warm up and cool down for a total of 2 mon at 2% on treadmill
Not impressive, tho best i can do
Await the improvement at 6 weeks with interest
03/12/2002 at 01:09
Rest Today
03/12/2002 at 13:27
Sorry let the side down.
Didn't run after all too much work to do at home (redecorating). Not sure if I will get one in tonight either.
1 to 20 of 21 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.