Monday session - 21 October

21 to 35 of 35 messages
21/10/2002 at 12:19
Nessie, when was the last time you played badminton?
Mind your butt muscles tomorrow!
21/10/2002 at 12:27
A friend of mine snapped his achilles tendon playing badminton - it was a bit painful (I am the master of understatement) plus he had his leg in (full length) plaster for four months and could never play again!

Hope you win!
21/10/2002 at 12:35
Thanks guys - you've made me feel soooo much better. I haven't played badminton since before I moved to Inverness, and that was 12 years ago, so I guess tomorrow may be painful. However, I have been assured that none of the other player are very good either, so I hope it won't be too bad.
21/10/2002 at 13:29
Hi Dustin.

I completed the Croydon 10k on sunday, love this route as I use it for my long runs on sundays.

Enjoy Cyprus, Ive just come back from a 2 week stay in Greece and I ran every day and and sometimes even twice but I was trying to get to see how i would cope with the heat on long runs as im doing the Vegas marathon in feb.

have a goodun.
21/10/2002 at 13:40
Boy am I sore today. I guess doing a 21 mile ride Saturday, a 16 mile run Sunday and clearing out the garden during the weekend as well is probably asking a bit much, so....

What: nothing (would be nothing on Monday anyway but today I'm particularly knackered)
Why: see above
Last hard run: yesterday
LAst rest day: today.
21/10/2002 at 17:13
Speedie,
didn't see your post until just now but I did the Las Vegas Marathon in Feb 2001 and I just wanted to reassure you that although it can get a little warm right at the end, the weather is usually perfect at that time of the year in the desert. Particularly as the humidity is usually extrodinarily low as well.

Perhaps the best thing about this marathon is that you can eat at Lotus of Siam, the food here is so good that I wept with joy as I ate each spoonful. Seriously, it is appallingly great, you'll be glad that you did, fer real!
21/10/2002 at 17:29
Hoooray, someone i have found who has done the vegas mararthon, thanks for the tips,looking forward to this big time, well this will be the marathon that im trying to get a sub 3:15 ( really want 3:05)then if i also get into london i think id better treat that as just a good day out, dont think i should push too hard as there is only 6 weeks between the two and thats if i even get in London.
KR
21/10/2002 at 18:46
Hi everyone, haven't run for a week after pulling a muscle at the gym so planned a longish run today. Went out expecting wintry weather and found myself overdressed and overheating massively as it was quite warm and humid. Ended up doing just over 7 miles before it all got too much!
21/10/2002 at 18:52
Hello all.

What; 60 mins cross training in the gym plus some weights.

Why: still rehabing after torn calf and tendon plus a nasty virus. First day I've felt like doing any training.

Last hard day: Long time ago, I'm losing count of days.

Last rest day: Yesterday.

21/10/2002 at 21:18
What: 6 miles with the club
Why: That's the way of Monday evenings :)
Last hard day: yesterday - I did about 12 miles, slowly, and it almost killed me! I still haven't shifted my irritating mild chest infection, and I think it's slowly wiping me out
Next rest day: tomorrow, as I have a XX on Wednesday
21/10/2002 at 21:40
yo, sorry haven't posted for about a week...hate to admit my failures. No proper exersize for a week....life has been to hectic.
However....

What: Just completed 7 miler in rain
Why: need to work off last weeks stress and excess.
Last hard day: 8 days ago

Have to say just ran down by the river, probablly last chance if it keeps raining as the water was lapping against the path and in one part had flooded the it making a 5.5 miler a 7 due to detour!
Got home looking as though I had been out playing rugby, freezing, muddy, wet and hungry!
Fantastico, magnificent, top o the world...best run in about a year!

Next: same again tomorrow (hopefully)
BRING ON THE SNOW!!!!
21/10/2002 at 21:59
Sounds like it's the time of year for viruses. Bring on the echinaea (just don't tell Vrap).
Hope your calf gets better soon village runner, I'm sure I'd just be sulking at home in your shoes.

What: 6* hillreps, 10 m walk, jog down, straight back up again.
Why: club session. Felt cheated as we normally have longer recoveries, but that wasn't the deal this week, apparently. Still, prefer (if that's the right word) hill reps to 1/2m intervals any day. Roped into 1st Xcountry race in 3 weeks, I knew I should have stayed quiet at the back. I'll be posting for race tips nearer the time.
Last hard: tonight.
Last rest: yesterday.
Plan for the rest of the autumn is to get into good pre-marathon training shape on 30 miles/week, 2 speed sessions and one long run, until Christmas.
21/10/2002 at 22:03
Hi, all

Trying to get a bit more organised about my running. Having completed a 65 min 10k a couple of weeks ago, Im trying to speed it up to get below 60min next time.

What: 20 min tempo run then weights then a sauna and steam..aaah luxury. Even got to go straight after work as hubby had kids.

Going to go to a local club Ive been thinking of joining for ages on weds. wish me luck
21/10/2002 at 22:15
what: AM 6 easy off-road
PM 3 easy

why: to recover from race yesterday whilst maintaining high mileage

last hard day: yesterday (5 mile race)
last rest day: a couple of weeks ago
21/10/2002 at 22:43
Speedie,
I went to Vegas looking for a specific time also (needed a sub 3:10 for a Boston Qualifier). Ran Vegas as hard as I could, managed a 3:09, then ran Boston (8 or 9 weeks later) nice and steady just for fun. I was living in the US at the time, where there is 'serious' Boston fever!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 35 of 35 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.