Monday session - 4 November

1 to 20 of 25 messages
Psi
04/11/2002 at 00:22
Hello all, returning to the Forum fairly refreshed after my very energetic weekend of training!

What: Nothing - well, maybe a few easy miles.
Why: Extremely active weekend away (my whole body aches).

Last hard: Saturday/Sunday
Last rest: Will be today.
04/11/2002 at 09:04
what: nothing
why: overdue rest day - also, need to be fully rested to be able to deal with tomorrow night's session I suspect

last hard day: Tue
last rest day: Sat (9 days ago)
04/11/2002 at 09:27
Morning All

What: Steady run - probably about 4 miles
Why: Hard session tomorrow - my training was crap last week so hoping to do better this week. Where has y motivation gone!

Last hard: Saturday
Last rest: Sunday
WildWill    pirate
04/11/2002 at 09:36
Morning

What : Swim at lunch time
Why : first sessions since having my back sorted and I just want to easy back into things
Cycle : BASE1:WEEK1:DAY1

Last Rest Day : Yesterday
Last Hard Day : Can’t remember

Will
04/11/2002 at 09:37
Hello all.

What: Zilch
Why: After pushing on in yesterdays 7 mile race (and setting a new PB) my legs are refusing to play.

Last Hard: Yesterday
Last Rest: Saturday
04/11/2002 at 10:25
Morning all, from a wet, warm and rapidly thawing Iceland.

What: Meant to be '5M easy including strides'. But as all roads and paths have turned from lovely grippy packed snow to wet lumpy ice, this will probably translate as '5 miles of slithering, slipping and falling over'
Why: I don't know, I really don't know

Last hard: Friday, pre thaw
Last rest: Saturday. And Sunday, as only managed 25 minutes of slithering.

I'll go away and stop whinging now.
04/11/2002 at 10:53
Hello all
Snicks is back onto sensbile forum, after losing the plot leading up to Dublin....
What: a swim or gentle run
Why: recovering from Dublin Marathon - this time last week, I was just over half way!
Last hard: Last Monday, although, I did a lot of Body Balance (yoga based workout) and muscles were much more achey after that than after marathon
Last rest: yesterday - completely hungover!
Do Drew, Hilly, Laura still come on here?
04/11/2002 at 10:57
what : swim and sauna session to try and get some normality back into achin legs
why : feel knackered after yesterday's 10 miler
last hard day : yesterday
last rest day : saturday

still life is good. sun is shining and hopefully i'll get out for a light trot tomorrow.
04/11/2002 at 11:25
snickster - expect you'll see them here soon
04/11/2002 at 11:54
Snicks, love the new picture, you look really fab!

What: nowt
Why: still completely shagged out after the weekend. Arms are improving slowly, I can now get my hands to chest height before I start screaming ;-)
Last hard run: yesterday
Last rest day: today
04/11/2002 at 11:59
Um, MM, that's my mean n moody stare... After five bottles of Budweiser and a Marathon!
04/11/2002 at 12:46
what: rest or light spinning at best
why: recovery after fun 5miles race on the hills sunday
last hard day: sun
last rest: sat

Snicks: laura, hilly & drew do still post but drew's been on hols in florida for the last 2 weeks

BTW that photo suggests one of the Buds is still in your mouth - what are you planning to do with it!?
04/11/2002 at 13:25
What: Hopefully a gentle 4 miles.
Why: Haven't done anything since Wednesday due to still recovering from heavy cold and terrible weather. Have a chesty cough which is not helped by a run! Hoping to get back on track this week, but don't want to push it too hard tonight.
Last hard day: Last Monday.
Last rest: Friday, Saturday, Sunday ...

Feeling very cross with myself that I haven't been for a run since Thursday - normally run right through colds!
04/11/2002 at 14:33
Hello everyone!

What: steady 5 miles
Why: I don't train at weekends so this sets me up for the week:
Last hard day: Thursday as I wimped out of Friday's run due to bad weather (and don't give me any of that ("... just inappropriate clothing" crap).
04/11/2002 at 15:21
Hi all, back from happy hols, and trying to catch up with the trillion posts that have appeared since the 25th. Do any of you actually do any work?

What: Nothing
Why: SORE from yesterday's half, and have a nice new blister too.

Last hard: Yesterday
Last Rest: The whole of last week (not recommended half marathon preparation!)
04/11/2002 at 15:35
what: 9 miles slow this morning.
why: it wasn't my idea. set off for 6 but got lost
last hard: er... been injured, so I've got an excuse
last rest: yesterday
04/11/2002 at 15:53
Afternoon all :o)

What: 5.2 miles easy
Why: Recovery run
Last hard run: A long long time ago
Last rest: 9 days ago

After reading in RW of people's running streaks of 30+ years, I thought I would start a mini one. Going to try for 100 days, running every day. Up to 8 days at the moment. At least this way I will be able to force myself out of the door in the midst of winter.

Gareth
04/11/2002 at 15:58
Back again after a very relaxing week in Cyprus.Sun shone,kids behaved (within reason) and despite my best intentions,I didn't do any running.
Feel totally refreshed but it doesn't take long to get fed up again does it ?

So having not done any running for 9 days I'm going for a gentle 5 miler tonight.

It also looks like I've got plenty of race reports to plough through....
04/11/2002 at 18:09
What: Gentle 3 miles on road
Why: Bought some new shoes - Brooks Beast - so had to try them immediately...

Last hard: Sat
Last rest: Fri
04/11/2002 at 19:32
What: nothing
Why: too busy at work
Last hard day: yesterday
Last rest day: all last week!

Snicks, belated congratulations on Dublin. 3:42 is b***dy great. How did you manage that amazing negative split?????
1 to 20 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.