Monday session (23/9/2002)

21 to 32 of 32 messages
23/09/2002 at 16:11
well I managed the dog walk - although what would normally take 20 mins took an hour! But at least doggie was good and didn't get muddy and also I got some exercise and fresh air. I even had that "legs feel like jelly" feeling when I got back - you wouldn't have thought I ran 5Km last Tuesday - but at least I can still move eh :)
23/09/2002 at 16:23
Cath you've just shamed me into going to the gym tonight, I wasn't going because I'm knackered after the weekend, but that was just an excuse, if you can take the dog out feeling like you do, I'll go do weights.
23/09/2002 at 16:37
What: Rest
Why: 10k race yesterday (I did crap, I was dehydrated and it was very hilly, which is a pet hate of mine). And I feel like I'm getting a cold, and my stomach feels a bit dodgy,.... excuses, excuses, but all true.

Last hard day: Yesterday
Last rest day: Saturday
23/09/2002 at 16:55
Cath, well done. And Caz, you don't need excuses to rest on the day after a race.

I've been good so far - set out to do a slow 5-mile recovery run and did just that without adding any extra loops. It really did feel like a recovery run rather than a training run, though - my legs didn't fancy stepping up the pace one bit. Shin splints absent in running shoes but reappear in "proper" shoes...might have to start wearing trainers to work. I could always pop on a burqa so nobody would see, and get extra points for being sensitive to the local culture.

Might still swim tonight if time permits.
23/09/2002 at 17:34
30 mins hill work on treadmill with the beast presiding. 3000M rowing and soem free weights. enough.
23/09/2002 at 17:35
ooops *some)
23/09/2002 at 18:55
3 miles easy am
4 miles easy pm

Why? - trying to cut down mileage for 2 weeks after Nottingham Marathon!
23/09/2002 at 21:10
Evening all.

What: did 1 hr circuit session consisting of short fast shuttle runs across a football field. These were followed by squats, burpees (sp), star jumps, crunches & press-ups. Finished with a couple of laps of the footy field and jog back to the sports centre. I'm well and truely cream crackedred tonight!
Why: normal Monday circuit session, just didn't realise we were going outside and concentrating on sprint drills!
Last hard: tonight
Last rest day: Sat.
23/09/2002 at 21:11
I wish we could edit out mistakes.
24/09/2002 at 09:36
I wish I could do burpees and star jumps too! Reminds me of school, when I was the unco-ordinated kid who always overbalanced and hit the deck.
07/10/2002 at 09:37
gillian..
how are you doin?
well i did the great north run yesterday..what an occasion it is..brilliant..
did it in 1-55...a bit slower than my normal,but with the size of the field its pretty difficult to get striding out...
so whats new with you?
07/10/2002 at 09:43
Hi Billy - well done: good time too considering the crowds, I saw it on TV and couldn't believe it - it's amazing anyone even managed speed up to a running pace.
There's not much happening with me at the mo - hurt my foot so am taking it pretty easy just now. No more races on the horizon either - just going to the gym a lot!!!
So when are you next running?
Gillian

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 32 of 32 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.