Monday session (30/9/2002)

21 to 30 of 30 messages
30/09/2002 at 14:14
Martin,

I really don't want to draw attention to this :-)

In your original post you state that you are going to be doing 'genetal intervals'.

I should have ignored this but feel that I am missing out on some new,radical tapering system.

30/09/2002 at 14:42
What: 18 mile long run
Why: I need to do at least one before the marathon
Last hard run: Thursday
Last rest day: 8 days ago

Couldn't do my long run yesterday so have to make up for it tonight, but the weather is good and the paths should be quieter than on a Sunday morning. I am actually looking forward to it - so I might actually do it!

Congratulations to everyone who raced at the weekend :o)

Gareth
30/09/2002 at 15:36
No, No, No, you have it all wrong its not a typo but a Chinese marathon taper technique designed to focus pain on another part of the anatomy.

The interval session only works if you use an orbital sander........ouch!
30/09/2002 at 15:58
What _ gentle 8 miles at under 70% HR this morning.
Last session: Slow lap of Sutton park on Satuday, Fast lap for the Road relays, another slow lap to cool down, plus a lot of running around cheering on our runners.
Next session - speed session tomorrow - how i am going to reach 85% HR i don't know. I have trouble just reach 80%!!

30/09/2002 at 17:14
Well after watching the Windsor Half yesterday I think I ought to get off my lazy backside and do something (although I was at the gym early yesterday and did intervals and weights followed by jacuzzi, sauna and steam).

What: Tempo run in the gym (not sure how far yet)
Why: Did intervals yesterday and will do a long run Wednesday night

Last hard day: Yesterday
Last rest day: Saturday

Well done to all you folks that raced over the weekend, good stuff.
WildWill    pirate
30/09/2002 at 17:18
Well, I managed to drag my butt out of my chair and do something – after getting away from work a bit sharp.

What: 75mins road bike
Why: Because I got the chance

Will
30/09/2002 at 17:58
Dangly,
hope you had a good time at Sutton Park, I felt like death during my leg but at least I didn't embarass the team too much (I wasn't quite the slowest leg).

What: nothing
Why: day off Monday
Last hard run: yesterday
Last rest day: Today

Congrats to everyone who raced this weekend...hey, that includes me :-)
30/09/2002 at 19:17
Managed the long one eventually, not till 4pm though and that was too late. Did 17 miles 2hrs 25 but felt crap and still do, had to call International Rescue, otherwise known as "the wife" to come and pick me up.
Not a good day.
30/09/2002 at 22:24
Evening all, haven't checked your race reports yet but congrats to all Windsor runners and Nessie, well done on Loch Ness marathon; bring the tights upstairs tonight 'cause tomorrow you won't get downstairs at all.

Wild Will, I'm thinking the same about the GNR. 1.45 would be my ideal but can't decide whether it's too much hassle fighting the crowds (let alone whether I'm capable of it!). Maybe see you there.

What: Went to a club tonight! Found they were doing 1/2 mile intervals, picked a good night to start then. 6*1/2 m with 3 min recoveries, nearly died on the first 2 legs which we did in 3-3.10 and immediately got my HR up to near my max. Then slowed to about 3.20, by the end it had got too dark for me to check my watch and I was past caring anyway. Felt slow as I was nearly last but then pleased to be told they'd been amazed I'd kept up at all. My legs are now tingling with post-lactic acid overload - so this is what Mike, Drew et al get up to on a regular basis??
Why: want the discipline of regular speed work through the autumn, and it's getting too dark to run on my own in the evenings.
Last hard: tonight!
Last rest: Fri.
01/10/2002 at 09:53
recovery run accomplished at approx 7 minute mile pace....yaaaaawn

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 30 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.