Moraghan Training - Stevie G

26,201 to 26,206 of 26,206 messages
Today at 12:21

Dachs, it was.

The food on board idea,  works best if you can get moving within ten minutes of the final mouthful. The last thing you want is your system to start storing the energy when you want to use it.

The energy being used at that point is the energy already stored in the muscles and liver. The advantage of having the meal before heading out is that its ready and waiting at the points where you slow down enough for absorption to take place.

Needless to say running at full pace and going into oxygen debt is going to keep blood away from your digestive tract. On top of that, half digested food will quite likely be ejected one end or another.

For me and food there's a 'no run' rule. Its after 10 minutes or before four hours.

Today at 12:21
I was gonner say IC don't tell us that! Samir will be on the prowl

I used to be able to eat anything and run straight away - now with my stomach I really struggle and do have problems sometimes, I normally always need the toilet after a run sometimes as soon as I stop..

Nice bike ride Bus, I find I average similar pace but the continuous stops frustrate me!
Today at 12:38

I've got my Garmin set to auto-pause for lights etc, but you still lose a fair bit in the braking and accelerating. Still, better that than ploughing into a car I guess 

IronCat5    pirate
Today at 13:06
The Bus wrote (see)

I've got my Garmin set to auto-pause for lights etc, but you still lose a fair bit in the braking and accelerating. Still, better that than ploughing into a car I guess 

Cheat! You should capture the entire ride, even rest intervals!

Scott Edgington wrote (see)
I was gonner say IC don't tell us that! Samir will be on the prowl 

I forgot about his predilections for older, more culinary experienced women.

Today at 14:07

(though Strava does anyway!)

and

Today at 14:52

Can you really use the energy from your dinner when you haven't digested it yet?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
26,201 to 26,206 of 26,206 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.