Moraghan Training - Stevie G

26,681 to 26,684 of 26,684 messages
Yesterday at 17:12
The Bus wrote (see)

Hey Dachs - just noticed, it's no longer a white wash in the head to head with Alexander Miller 

I was going to point out that out and pick a new target but Dachs is gunning for the  6-0 against Phil Wicks. Reminds me of a joke:

John, who was in financial difficulty, walked into a church and started to pray. ''Listen God,'' John said. ''I know I haven't been perfect but I really need to win the lottery. I don't have a lot of money. Please help me out.'' He left the church, a week went by, and he hadn't won the lottery, so he walked into a synagogue. ''Come on, God,'' he said. ''I really need this money. My mom needs surgery and I have bills to pay. Please let me win the lottery.'' He left the synagogue, a week went by, and he didn't win the lottery. So, he went to a mosque and started to pray again. ''You're starting to disappoint me, God,'' he said. ''I've prayed and prayed. If you just let me win the lottery, I'll be a better person. I don't have to win the jackpot, just enough to get me out of debt. I'll give some to charity, even. Just let me win the lottery.'' John thought this did it, so he got up and walked outside.
The clouds opened up and a booming voice said, ''John, buy a fucking lottery ticket.''

Yesterday at 17:25

Cabbage Patch 10 report.

Numbers: 62:23 for 80.12% Age grading. Target was 62:30 (6:15 pace).

Splits pretty much tell the story: 5:56, 5:57 6:15, 6:02, 6:15, 6:09, 6;24, 6:26, 6:34, 6:18

I started out fast but felt easy. Tucked in behind a big group and then realised it was the 6 minute bus and I knew I couldn't hold that all the way so I dropped away from it and held steady from 2 to 5. (The GPS drops out in a tunnel so mile 4 is not as it seems). I was feeling a bit negative at 4 miles but when I got to half-way and saw 30:30 I knew I was 45 seconds up and so dug in and mile 6 was another strong one and got me more time in the bag so it just needed bringing home at that stage. The hardest bit of the course is miles 7 and 8 along rough paths and towpath and then a pull up over Richmond Bridge. The 9 mile marker was in a silly place (don't know why, has always been way out)  and I passed that in 55 minutes (GPS had me do 9 in 56) so I thought 7 minutes for a sub-62 but no magic and a long last mile had me dip just under the 62;30 target.

First 80% WAVA for 2014 so very happy. Need to do another at Brighton 10k in a few weeks time.

Yesterday at 20:04
Nice one Phil. Always nice when you've time in the bank and still able to lift it a notch more.

I've got some boosts which I do my steady, long runs etc in. Thinking of getting some myself Dachs for the Abbeydash. I took 4 pairs of trainers to Sundays race and drew straws for which to wear. The ones I wore are getting binned. that's two shot runs I've had in them.
Yesterday at 21:17

Good run Phil. 80% WAVA always handy.

I've tried wearing full blown trainers for a race but hopeless. Too heavy. Can't shift the things. Full racers only for the road now. Five or six ounces.

Could have worn flats on Saturday around the Scrubs. Spikes ok but probably didn't need the 15mm, or the branch or the litter they collected en route.

Definitely not in any race form, so for reasons of common sense and survival adopted a level of discomfort and maintained it. Noted the finish time of SC and vaguely remembered being deep in the thicket on the northern perimeter.

I'll draw a veil over my actual finish time. Suffice to say, at 15:22 I was a very long way from the finish.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
26,681 to 26,684 of 26,684 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.