Moraghan Training - Stevie G

27,061 to 27,063 of 27,063 messages
Yesterday at 15:53

Well, my LSR just now didn't kill me so that's all good! Adductor was pretty sore for the last two miles mind....

Longest run since Maidenhead Half at 13M, just managed to squeeze 7:29 pace out, but Cryer's Hill felt bloody hard after 11 miles!

Dean - that "comfortable" run pace is just plain scary! Nice to see your two weeks sick has't been too detrimental.

Yesterday at 19:09

Bus, those long runs can be a bit of an effort. I forced a 15 miler out a few months back when I should have stopped after two. It did me no favours.

I ran 12 miles yesterday and even included a couple of 12% three quarter mile long hills (out and back course). No ambition, just going out for a bit.

It was 'sod this, I'm running without straining myself'. I really didn't fancy putting in effort. If I slowed, I slowed. I timed the run if only to see what 'loafing effort' delivered.

It delivered 7:35's. I was assuming 8:30's at best.

Must have been a result of not getting tired.

Yesterday at 19:42

16.37 miles today (mucked up the stop/start on the Garmin as it was supposed to be an 8 out and back for 16 exactly so my out was too long) at 7:48 pace. All along the Grand Union Canal which was actually quite a nice running surface and not the mudfest I anticipated.

Supposed to be an easy run and up to 12 miles it was but definitely started to feel it over the last 4 miles, but then I ran it from 1pm to 3pm and all I had to eat was a slice of toast at 8am so maybe running on fumes. Pace is OK, 3:05 for the full is 7:03 pace and 7:48 would then be MP+10% which is a fast paced LSR. Plan is to stretch the runs to get up to 20 miles by the end of the year and then start doing more structured (fast finish) runs in the new year.

parkrun tomorrow and then that will be the week's running done so can lie back and watch the rugby and damage a bottle of red wine or two before going back to work on Monday.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
27,061 to 27,063 of 27,063 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.