Moraghan Training - Stevie G

31,061 to 31,063 of 31,063 messages
Today at 09:37

Great race and report Dachs. Sub six on a MT is going it a lot. How far behind was the guy who attempted to race you?

Bus, sub 18 minutes and a pb for 5k! Makes a change from all those 18 and bits parkruns. Well done!

Went out a bit earlier today. Only four miles, made up of a warm up of around 7 minute pace, followed by a couple of laps of the track at sub six. Then a couple of broken up miles of 6:15 and 6:04.

I feel better for not going too far on foot. I'm not out long enough to damage anything.

Going out for an hour plus each day on the bike seems to help.

Edited: 07/07/2015 at 09:37
Today at 09:55

Ric, i hope i have your desire to keep on at it when I'm in my 50s/semi retired. I expect most likely i'll disappear back to mid teen hermit days, of not leaving the house and sleeping all hours.

Dachs - these are pure glory days for you at the moment. Walking on air, and like you could smash a race every single day. Long may this period continue for you.

Bus - cracking effort! Finally that fast 5k course you've been looking for after ages pishing around with the dreadful Rye course. I did doubt if I'm being honest that you had the desire to do such an awkward trip into London after a day of work on a Monday, my one was at least on a bank holiday,  but for sheer effort for the cause alone I'm delighted you smashed it!

I'm picturing that last straight, must have been glorious knowing you were comfortably getting in well under 18. A different night, more people around the 17.45 zone and you can get a bit more off too.

Scott- after Watford, and pre Wycombe half, definitely not one for me last night old son.

After a rest day Monday, i went to bed with a few doubts and a bit of a twitchy right hamstring.

Went up the track for a 4x1mile HMP off 90secs job, one of those pre half looseners.
I aimed for 1.26 lapping which would give a 5.46 top end of zone pace.

To start with it all felt very breathy, and I was over analysing my gait, wondering if i was running a bit "rangey" in style due to tightness, and whether that affected Watford last Wednesday.

But the breathiness eased, and overall

so all came out a little quicker than the zone, which was pleasing, but also as it should be for single milers.

Obviously i'll do well to get any of the miles at this pace on Sunday, as that gorgeous steep hill and undulating rest of course doesn't half ruck pacing up.

The mission is not to average the same pace as the first mile comes out like 2010!!

Edited: 07/07/2015 at 09:57
Today at 12:04

Good race there bus and a PB as well so you must be happy.

One odd thing about Battersea is the GPS tracks are often very poor, must be the trees, so sometimes you see people who think they are close to the end on their GPS but have more to go. Does the course have km markers?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
31,061 to 31,063 of 31,063 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.