Moraghan Training - Stevie G

31,321 to 31,326 of 31,326 messages
Today at 17:06

ok maybe 60 mins is shit then  

That national champs course goes right by where I live, it's certainly a bit faster than the one we did but still 48 mins is crazy.

Must try harder, or buy some fancy wheels, that's another minute or two!

Today at 17:15
Andrew G wrote (see)

ok maybe 60 mins is shit then  

That national champs course goes right by where I live, it's certainly a bit faster than the one we did but still 48 mins is crazy.

Must try harder, or buy some fancy wheels, that's another minute or two!

If you look at it, 48 / 60 is 80% and that is how WAVA works and 80% is pretty handy.

Today at 17:23
"It's not about the bike "
Today at 17:25

Also I doubt the guy that did 48 mins had doms from a 15.5 mile run the previous day.

Today at 17:38

The Richard Bideau story is pretty amazing - even more so than Marigold's in many ways!

Ric - the scariest thing about that video is just how close and how fast the general traffic is moving! One of the things that always puts me off riding a TT is the fact they are on often on dual carriageways that are open,,,,if I did though, and had trained very hard, I'd be VERY happy with anywhere near 60 mins for 25M!

Today at 17:51

Ah, little is it known that plenty of those really fast TT's on dual carriageways are achieved by slip streaming the passing cars.

I once had a nice tow from a skip lorry at speeds of over 30mph. Didn't even have to pedal as the trailing vortex held me in place. Eventually I decided I had some training to do and dropped away. Back to 19mph! 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
31,321 to 31,326 of 31,326 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.