Moraghan Training - Stevie G

34,861 to 34,880 of 35,935 messages
01/07/2016 at 00:21

Simon. Nicely under 4.10.   Congrats.  Gauntlet thrown down 

01/07/2016 at 11:56

I just looked at that open 3000m and it seems I need to be UKA affiliated?

I think I will join RRR as 2nd claim Dachs.

Nice 1500m, SC.

01/07/2016 at 13:23

Paid and entered the flat 3km at Basingstoke and then the 10km

Ideally the 10km will be a great chance to go for a PB. Although I guess you can't compare track vs road.. 

For the 3km I want as close to 9 as possible but don't have much time to work on my speed! Something like 9:30 perhaps. I've not ran under 3km for a KM for a very long time

01/07/2016 at 14:08

Cheers Bus, Reg .

Dachs, yes weather presenters. The look east one, Alex is quite fit too, nice legs although you only see her top half these days. I've pencilled in the Watford a week later for the proper 3k go this summer - although i'm likely to be needed for a BAL 3k at Basingstoke on 6th August apparently, so 2 chances for a decent time. Not doing another track 10,000 this year. Highgate is OK as there's things to keep you occupied!

Dean - I'm sure you won't find it too hard to nudge ahead again!

Beer mile was bad last night. big bottles of Ruddles cheap bitter. Started the first lap last and came 3rd last in over 10 mins. Funny event as you start to feel a bit pissed after you finish.

Edited: 01/07/2016 at 14:09
02/07/2016 at 10:50

Wonder why? 

parkrun this morning. The extra rest didn't work! Disappointing time - 18:33 - which I put down to a combination of tired legs, strong wind for a full k, and an overly large Chinese takeaway last night! Not helped by getting half-way there before realising I was in the other car. The one without my bar-code! Had to go back so had no time for a propoer warm up. To add insult to injury, I was overtaken in the last half k and finished 4th 

03/07/2016 at 08:25
Yes, bit of a silly question wasn't it!

Bus, I'd put it down to dehydration. Chinese food is a bugger for that, always the worst for getting up in the night for water. You do need a good excuse for coming 4th in a parkrun (the shame)

Bit of a road trip weekend, lancing nr Worthing yesterday afternoon to get nearly blown away on the beach, stop over at Pompey at my mates house then off to Southampton to support Bedford & Co in their national woman's league match. Will get an hour in around the delights of Soton.
03/07/2016 at 11:23

Handy excuse that one Simon - I'll take it 

Had to go out relatively early this morning, and accidentally drank far too much red wine last night, so wasn't expecting much of a run with a hangover and no breakfast. As it happens, it was OK - 14.5M and just shy of 2000ft (according to OS, but not Strava!). Not fast, but much better than last week and felt OK. Beautiful morning for once too!

04/07/2016 at 12:48

bit quiet on hear; are we all still digesting SG's epic parkrun report!

double whammy for me Saturday; usual local parkrun Bracknell (2nd of 394 but bit off my pace with a 19'04) then onto Windsor Great Park for Runnymede relays. A good team event this one and a bit surprised no other forumites involved. Teams of 6 split 3 doing 5.25 miles legs and 3 2.75 miles mostly off-road and hilly . Our club had 5 of the 56 teams but only 2 teams were serious runners and somewhat bizarrely each of those had one much worse than the rest. Very close in 7th and 8th in the end but some top notch 'faces' in other teams hitting close to 30 and 15 for the long and short. I was 16'42 for my leg which is just over 6 min pace so happy with that given the tough course (and pr a few hours earlier!).

The relay race counts on Po10 but typically half our team names in the official results have spelling errors (mine included) so won't make it on there! Better news for me on the Po10 front is they have decided my 10 miler in Kingston last week was a proper road race after all which puts me nicely into the top 50 v50 ranking over 10 miles   

05/07/2016 at 08:44

Nice one Pete - good double, and cracking pace for really after a parkrun. Top 50

If you click on the little envelope icon at the end of the bit by your misspelt name on Po10 results you can let them know the correct details.

Where is everyone????

05/07/2016 at 08:54

I'm here. Big week last week, 12 miles in total! Wimbledon, Henley Regatta, family parties and a serious dose of CNBA sorted that out.

05/07/2016 at 09:22

I'm here but not run anywhere so nothing to say.

Well done, Pete.

05/07/2016 at 09:27

Did consider just retiring after the parkrun, aka "Stevie G's vindication" after a hard fought year battle back from all sorts, but erm, probably a little early.

Took the last 2 weeks to settle with the new commute/"race" recovery, and today got back to the Marlow track.

Just picked a session I fancied from that prevo programme, so 12x400 off 1min it was.

Aimed for 1.15 average, and will have hit or just beaten it. 10 of them 1.15 or quicker (first 2 started 1.13, at least 3x1.14 in there too), just the 1.16 single, and a 1.17 where I accidentally only took 47secs recovery letting the side down.

Got to my desk for 9, and it only took leaving at 6.40!

(will read back the rest laterz)

05/07/2016 at 14:35

Yep, not much going on here either - good run Pete btw and good 400's SG..

'Tale of two cities' Sunday run - got to the Southampton track, then ran out to Swaything station and through Portswood into the city centre (rough bit)..then up past the old Dell, past the common up back to the track (the nice bit). Nice to meet some of the rellies too who had popped down to say hi. Had a quick word with Lauren Deadman when she was warming down, as she did 9.05 in the 3000 I was in on Wednesday. Seemed a nice girl.

Just commuting running at the mo, then an 800 tomorrow in the Eastern vets at MK. Aiming for 2.06, but these days 800's seem really hard, busting a gut to do 2.08 etc etc. Young man's game (unless you are called Dean )

05/07/2016 at 15:23

Good session SG. Those 400s off 60s are quick. Are you going to go back through the cycle again?

Welcome to Soton SC! I was on the IOW when I read you were going to be down this way otherwise would have dropped a messaeg and we could have ran...

Chilworth is a bit posh isn't it. All those footballers up that way. Good luck for the 800

Good parkrunning Pete but then even better racing the next day! Good stuff on the top rankings too! 

I toyed around what I would do with my two weeks off work. As we all have noted sometimes work helps routine with running and I have been a bit lazy. I did the 10km last Sunday which was the start of my time off and didn't really want to rest through this week when I had ample time on my hands so I did a bit of an overload trying a hard day every other day :S 

Race sunday (10km 34:21)

Monday - 2 mile club time trial (been getting involved more with local Itchen spitfires)

Wednesday - 1m + 8 x 600s

Friday - 20 x 400s

Sunday - 5km tempo

Today Tuesday - 5 x 1km reps! 

With time to recover each day I have felt pretty good, also came in at 60 miles which was biggest week ever topping with a single 9 mile run which is biggest run since February too! I was back to having quite a bit of pain though so I'm back in hospital Thursday for some more anal fiddling but otherwise things ok

Easy running now until another 10km on Sunday then will be looking to focus on 5km rather than haphazard sessions... I will try better my time of course but fitness isnt going to change much over two weeks and I was never aiming 10km anyway with sessions and stuff so just going to enjoy it and see what happens.

Cortina5    pirate
05/07/2016 at 18:11

I'm here. Crazy week last week with work. Flew to Frankfurt then drove to Duthc/Belgian border. Next day down to almost the Czech border. Then down to Austria for a few days. Then home via Munich with the biggest hangover for a number of years. Thought I would  on the flight home. At least I did my bit for the Austro-German economy by investing all my Euros (temporarily) in the local breweries.

A bit of cycling and running going on. Have read back, didn't need to go too far.

05/07/2016 at 21:23

I'm Here too. 

great double whammy Pete. 

Was hoping for a good race over the weekend but got sick...again.  So missed 4 days.

back running again tonight and did 2*4*400 off 1min and 4m.  They came out 64/65s.  Then 4*200 to finish the session, but supposed to be just about form not pace...so took spikes off and flats on.  They were all 28s.  Happy enough but need a fast race to try and get my times down.  I'm going in the bmc Grand Prix at Solihull on sat night so hopefully find some form to knock mr. coombes down the rankings 

05/07/2016 at 22:55

Good work at Runnymede Pete. We had a team out, but I was away at the weekend, and frankly, for me, summer is for fast races not fannying around on off road hilly stuff. Excellent 10m ranking too.

Decent 400s SG, tho I particularly like Dean showing up and casually knocking out some 64s in response. Cheeky bastard.

10m with 5 at tempo pace today. A bit surprised to see the 5 come out at 27:15. That's the kind of tempo I was doing when I ran that 71 half, which doesn't sit very well with doing a 73 half nine days ago. However, thinking about it, I always seem to get a sudden boost in fitness two or three months after a marathon. This must be it.

05/07/2016 at 22:56

Stringing some great sessions together there Scott. Fast km reps today!

06/07/2016 at 07:04

Yep, agree with dachs,  some fine training sessions Scott

06/07/2016 at 08:44

Promising stuff Dachs. What's up next for you?

Dean/Scott - I can do 400m that fast. When I'm on my bike. On a steep down hill

SG - that work routine will soon settle in. Good session that.

Philip - get you, you socialite!

Iron - is this a last big Euro tour while you can then

Double fell race at the weekend so taking it a wee bit easy running wise, with Mon and Tue off. Double bike commute yesterday in lovely weather for once. Happy with how they came out as a string of segment PRs appeared on Strava and both am and pm average pace were fast (for me!).

Double easy xc commute in the sunshine today.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.