Moraghan Training - Stevie G

35,021 to 35,040 of 35,923 messages
28/07/2016 at 22:33

Baddeley ran sub 4 mile on sat too.  He is running well...but maybe not enough to get to major champs now

28/07/2016 at 22:38

Sub-4 used to be a world record, now you don't even get an England vest. I blame Cameron.

Cortina5    pirate
28/07/2016 at 22:41
PhilipMJones wrote (see)

Sub-4 used to be a world record, now you don't even get an England vest. I blame Cameron.

Nothing to do with Cameron. It's the fault of the older Brexit types *retreats*

28/07/2016 at 23:09

Defn brexit voters...or Donald trump 

for those that like this sort of thing.... Video of Simon and my race last night.   I'm the chap in white who gets a fast start.....Simon is in the red and black striped vest like Dennis the menace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=648SF0mL2iE&sns=em

And for the real enthusiasts here is baddeleys 3000

https://youtu.be/q07E61JYEek

Edited: 28/07/2016 at 23:12
29/07/2016 at 00:59
Cheers for the vid. Feel a bit better now that if I had been on the inside a bit more I would have done a couple of seconds quicker. And I actually started treading water in about the last 120m, closer than I thought around the top bend..until being blasted out of the water in the run in!

Tonight did about 9.09 for an undulating 3k relay course at Stevenage, so feeling more positive. Shame we were 4th, so no bling!!

Edit....great PB Cortina!
Edited: 29/07/2016 at 01:01
29/07/2016 at 09:59

big pimpin Irono.

And a thread faceoff for Dean and Simon. I used to do those, just way slower. Sounds a good result for both though, and I bet you were both fresh as a daisy about 10mins later.

Simon, equally nice late night post just gone

Sub 4 mile? Cripes. Wonder what the breathing is like on that!

Got in the habit recently of just deciding i'll do track Tue n Fri, but deciding when  wake what I fancy, be it one of the 12 sessions of my schedule, or like today, a freestyled one.

Went with a pyramid sesh which were very rare in the Moz days.
5k of reps, so 200,400,600,800,1000 and down again

Didn't get hung up with any targets, so just ran as it came, with only pre set idea, that i'd take 1min recovery around the 200/400s and 90secs the rest.

Not entirely sure if you're aiming for the same on way down as up, or quicker, but pretty much covered the latter anyway. Did take 8secs too long recovery by accident before the 2.34, but not sure that influenced it. Just that my first 800 was a bit casual, that sort of "i can go however i like and still smack it" and then realising you can't, and a good go for the second one.

Saw Big Trev and Sam up there when I was nearing/just finishing. They're such pros, they didn't even wave or speak. That or they hate me 

29/07/2016 at 10:03

Footy watching season starts soon, so what might work well, is when i'm off to an away game, and needing to be up fairly early anyway, i might get a parkrun in.

Get a few of those in close together, and then judge whether a 5miler is doable/beneficial. Clearly i'd get round, and no doubt go sub 30 etc, but still just need to convince myself a bit as its exceptionally easy to fall out of the mode.

29/07/2016 at 12:48

Probably just didn't recognise you anymore SG . reps look pretty good to me (especially comparing them to my own paltry pyramid on Wednesday!)

Iron - nice TT. Well done on the PB

Good work you 1500m boys, both on the racing and the reports! Bloody good work on the win too Dean.

Not much happening run wise with me. Daughter's birthday yesterday so work and night out to London scuppered any running - just as well probably. Very late night meant no early bike ride to work today either.  Just going to head out for a very easy 4/5 in a minute. Hopefully the rain will stop - bit wet here for a day forecast to be dry!

Might be parkrunning tomorrow - we'll see.

Cortina5    pirate
29/07/2016 at 13:03

Cheers all. Most importantly I broke 23 minutes.

I did a 123454321 pyramid Tuesday, with equal recovery. Hard on the way up, allegedly easier on the way down.

Easy 9miler tonight.

Nice vid Dean.

29/07/2016 at 14:23

SG - good pyramid - yes aiming to be slightly quicker on the way down is the way to go.

Sleep totals not been great the last 2 nights - about 4.5 hours max both nights, not great, hence the late night posts. Living on Percy pigs and coffee here .

29/07/2016 at 14:24

good session SG

and congrats on the PB from the other night cortina

im marshall at the parkrun tomorrow and after im probably walking around after my kids as the capture pokemons

29/07/2016 at 18:40

Great track racing Simon and Dean.

SG, it's going to be a while before my running needs the icing on the cake. I'll brush over the racing side of things. I'm in no position to comment.

Cortina, that's beginning to shift from where I now languish. Well done.

I've only ridden one 10 mile TT. The speedo was flipping between 28/29 mph for about six miles and then 18/19 mph after I'd blown up. Salvaged a 24:59.

I look at the remains of my old time trial bike and compared to the profile of my new much lighter machine, there appears to be hardly any of it.

Just been contacted by a runner in my club who wants to go on a two hour bike ride. He ran 4:05 for a 1500m around three weeks back at the British League division 1; whatever that is?

We'll see how he survives on wheels.

Edited: 29/07/2016 at 18:42
30/07/2016 at 12:14

I always find running fitness transfers better to the bike than the other way round. Interesting to see how he does 

parkrun this morning. Shame of shames, I was overtaken and ten beaten by a guy in a football shirt . Foreign bloke though, so I'll let him off...

Fast first mile (relatively!) of 5:37, but then mile 2 was bloody awful (6:07) and mile 3 wasn't great at 5:57. All felt hard and slow, so surprised it came out at 18:19. No where near the sub 18 I want, and only 6th overall but 20 secs better than last week so not all bad I suppose.

Cortina5    pirate
30/07/2016 at 12:50
The Bus wrote (see)

I always find running fitness transfers better to the bike than the other way round. Interesting to see how he does 

parkrun this morning. Shame of shames, I was overtaken and ten beaten by a guy in a football shirt . Foreign bloke though, so I'll let him off...

Was it SG in mufti?

I had the kids this morning so Mrs could do a long run to/around/from parkrun. I guess this is her starting her 2017 VLM campaign.

I think the aerobic fitness transfers well from running to bike. As you say Bus, not quite so much the other way around, likely due to the high impact aspect of running. The anaerobic stuff seems to suck either way.

Thanks Dean & Ric, I'd have sold my kids for a 24:59 at the end of last season having not been near it since 2013. This year I achieved next year's target.

4:05 seems pretty speedy

I did some Pokemon hunting with the kids last week. It was curtailed when they wanted to disappear off around the development with my phone. Maybe we could have hunted near parkrun today instead of staying in bed.

Off to Pen-y-Fan tomorrow.

Edited: 30/07/2016 at 12:52
30/07/2016 at 13:49

Should be good weather for it Iron. Which way you going up it?

Not sure SG would have been able to live with himself in a Messi shirt 

Cortina5    pirate
30/07/2016 at 19:48
We are avec kids so a brief walk from the Storey Arms.
30/07/2016 at 23:02

Fair enough - still a nice walk up. Just get there early as the SA car park gets rammed...

31/07/2016 at 19:06

How come you're doing parkruns so often Bus? Have you parked the "proper" racing? (Although for me a parkrun is a proper race for the foreseeable!)

Developed a bit of a tight crunky hip. Probably slightly been pushing my luck doing months of 2 track sessions and still 60mile weeks in fairness. In one way it's good, as it's been about 10months since I had something apart from breathing to obsess over. But in other ways I'm trying to remember how it was shifted last time!

Got a13 off at 6.57 pace though. So can't be too bad. Just needs a monitoring.

Those Poke your mum types are irritating. You see big gangs of clowns wandering towards you, not looking where they're going. Face in their phones. LOOK UP YOU BERKS.

Edited: 31/07/2016 at 19:07
31/07/2016 at 22:00

Not sure SG. I've probably averaged around ten parkruns a year for the past few years, so not really doing more than average so far. My shite performance is the main reason I've not done much else road wise, but I've still done 4 trail 10ks, 2 fell, a road 5 and an aborted half this year so far.

Parkruns are not targeted "races" of course, but are a good way of doing a hard 'tempo' in a more sociable environment. Doing the same course regularly helps judge where you are fitness wise and gives a target to aim for, without being much pressure.  You can also do them without worrying about what you do the night before too much, getting up early or considering what you need to do  that day or the next day, but whilst still feeling you've done something. They are also quite sociable - I always chat to people before and after, then go home and enjoy breakfast and crack on with jobs etc. On top of that, they're free!! They are perfect for what you should probably be doing to get that racing mojo back in a not-too-serious environment! You are putting a lot of bloody hard graft into all those 60+ mile weeks and sessions so should get some results on the record to show for it and even parkruns would do that..

I don't get this Pokemon thing. Seems an odd thing fro grown adults, but it is getting people moving I suppose...how long will it be before the first Tough Pokemon Go Mudder event????

12 miles for me today. Hungover and tired but generally just painful and slow and really making me wonder why it all seems like such hard work at the moment...

31/07/2016 at 22:49
Hungover again Bus you animal! SG- sympathise regarding Pokemon, I'm use to phone zombies in London anyway.

So thought I'd hammer our local parkrun yesterday, ran there about 3 miles and then gave it a good go, it's basically a two lap XC course. Felt good, 8.40 first lap and managed to scamper round in 17.24, just 7 secs off Kimpton's course record. Obviously it was a bit muddier when he did it, or he was just tempoing it!

Nice undulating 13 miler up to Dunstable and back this morning, think I was spot on 6.57 miling too SG. Easy running for a bit, next stop Eastern vets on Weds night.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.