Moraghan Training - Stevie G

14,561 to 14,580 of 27,371 messages
10/01/2013 at 14:16

Enjoy? Probably not... there's always a nasty cross wind at that track and no lights so I have to wear a head torch which makes it interesting! I am to run those reps  between 5.50 - 6:06 per mile pace and usually average closer to the top end @ 5.52. Pretty sure I couldn't maintain sub 5.30 pace like you!

On the subjects of elites and pace, if 5 of us here were to run a 8.5km relay leg based on our 5 mile PB's (thanks Po10) we would still be 25 minutes behind Makau's 2:03 world record. Crazy sh1t

10/01/2013 at 15:55

[ quickly delurk ]

i remember trying to do a 400m / 70seconds rep session

thats world record marathon pace

10/01/2013 at 18:13

go and train in Kenya, do 140miles a week, eat and sleep making up the rest of your day, pump yourself full of supplements, and then test it again Crazy

10/01/2013 at 19:29
If only I'd known it was that easy!

Thanks Johnas. Feels improved today, but not enough to risk a run, so swam instead (what I should have done yesterday!). Not sure about NSAI s to help heal, as I thoughtful these can actually inhibit some processes .
10/01/2013 at 19:33

get the missus to chain you indoors tomorrow, and you should be right as rain for sunday old son

10/01/2013 at 20:17
Stevie G . wrote (see)

get the missus to chain you indoors tomorrow, 

I'm not sure I want to read about such things on a running forum

10/01/2013 at 20:26
Cheeky 12*200m at the track for me. They all came out at 31secs with the exception of a couple that came out at 30s. Seems like months since I did a sprint session. Would normally do 20 reps but it was only 2 degrees and didn't want to push it too much too early.
10/01/2013 at 20:34

SG you have a way with words.

Sorry to read about the foot Bus, Your racing Sunday on it? Must be getting better.

Good session that Dachs, over 1 mile intervals & you smashed them if you were supposed bu be running at tempo pace!

Dont think I could run that fast Dean anymore, not done under 600m reps for many months, think I'd break something.

Just been doing easy paced running since Tuesday, F off now, League XC Saturday, someone said snow possible?! should be fun. My interval session the other day was on the roads, not ran on the track for a while..

Edited: 10/01/2013 at 20:36
10/01/2013 at 20:58

Dean, I'd match you for one or two, or maybe 3 given 10mins in between reps.

Seb, joining you for some F OFF action tomorrow.

That's the beauty of a race on a sunday, it guarantees the F OFF!

10/01/2013 at 21:00
RicF wrote (see)
Stevie G . wrote (see)

get the missus to chain you indoors tomorrow, 

I'm not sure I want to read about such things on a running forum

on the training tab at least....clubhouse seems to be littered with this kind of thing.

Edited: 10/01/2013 at 21:12
10/01/2013 at 22:02

More handcuffs than chains - much tidier!

Seb - not sure, I was going to race prior to the injury popping up yesterday but looking somewhat in doubt now. Trouble is, I could rest until Sunday, and then risk racing but then find it all goes pear shaped and I'm buggered for Wokingham. A fast paced XC is not really a good place to test a weakness! I think I need to try an easy session, most likely Saturday, and see if it looks likely to hold up for a race.

At this stage, it's more a frustrating irritant than a real problem, but want to make sure that stays the case....

Now I'm really going to  F Off (to bed!)

10/01/2013 at 22:18
Bus - sack the Xc off. Keep your eye on Wokingham.
IronCat5    pirate
10/01/2013 at 22:34

Evening all.

Poor week for running. Saturday night away in Cardiff, then a full Sunday with the in-laws. Monday was swim, Tuesday was supposed to be a power test on the turbo, but things didn't go to plan. Managed the test yesterday and ran today.

Easy club run, 10km in 47min. Looking forward to Tadley on Sunday.

11/01/2013 at 07:50

200m in 31 secs!

I don't think I could move that fast over any distance.(pb 200m 29 seconds)

Bus, get one of the those indoor bikes, I have the feeling I'm getting results from using one.

11/01/2013 at 07:54

Bus, unless the saturday run goes perfectly, what Dean says. If an ankle is weakish already, you don't go and try and storm an offroad course that invites ankle trouble!

It's not like you need to do this one, you don't have the club link like me and Phil do, so it is a no brainer, focus on the big prize. You're in half marathon pb shape, and road is what you quote in years to come.

(having said that, obviously it'd make it a better trip if you're along, also for Chichester, don't forget that one, that's our magical fast 10k we've been looking for!)

Phil, are you definitely Tadleying, haven't seen you on here for a bit....I'd presumed i'd be taking you and Bus, but we didn't actually arrange it!  Let me know! Sat nav works now!

ps Dean, those 200s still look quick come today

Iron, could Tadley finally be the race we meet you at? It's not like we've missed about 10 different opportunities this last couple of years

11/01/2013 at 07:57
RicF wrote (see)

200m in 31 secs!

I don't think I could move that fast over any distance.(pb 200m 29 seconds)

Like when Deano first arrived, the fast track stuff stuck out an absolute mile! Clearly very blessed in that department, and must have been pretty darn quick when younger.

I remember a chap on this forum who got down to 31mins for 10k, who said he couldn't go sub 60 for a flat out 400m. That always stuck in my mind.

Presumably will be easier for Dean to get faster than it was for that chap, which sounds promising, unless he's massively biased to shorter distances. But then the very low 33 already on the table suggests otherwise.

conclusion...we'll sit back and enjoy the ride

11/01/2013 at 08:52
Stevie G . wrote (see)

Phil, are you definitely Tadleying, haven't seen you on here for a bit....I'd presumed i'd be taking you and Bus, but we didn't actually arrange it!  Let me know! Sat nav works now!

No, definitely not Tadleying. Monday I felt like real bad jet lag but 6am Tuesday I got up, stumbled to the bathroom, had a piss and went straight back to bed till midday so it is something like a mild flu (not real flu, that is 3 days in bed). Only my second day off work in 20 years or more, and that includes a number of broken bones that I got into and out of the office with.

Not good, but the bright side is that it is better to get it all over in one big lump and have a clear run at a summer season.

11/01/2013 at 08:57
Stevie G . wrote (see)

Bus, unless the saturday run goes perfectly, what Dean says. If an ankle is weakish already, you don't go and try and storm an offroad course that invites ankle trouble!

It's not like you need to do this one, you don't have the club link like me and Phil do, so it is a no brainer, focus on the big prize. You're in half marathon pb shape, and road is what you quote in years to come.

(having said that, obviously it'd make it a better trip if you're along, also for Chichester, don't forget that one, that's our magical fast 10k we've been looking for!)

ps Dean, those 200s still look quick come today

Iron, could Tadley finally be the race we meet you at? It's not like we've missed about 10 different opportunities this last couple of years

It's funny re the 200s. I've not tried one (can't work out where the line is on the trak - doh!!) but when I've tried full out sprints on 100m I've always been amazed at just what an enormous gulf there is between what is fast for me and what is actually fast!  In % terms it's a far bigger difference than for, say 10k or a half. Think what I'm saying in my conculuted way is your 200s were fast Dean!!

Absolutely Dean - XC on Sunday would just be for fun, so as per the plan SG writes above, I'll try an easy outing tomorrow and if not 100%, will pass on it.

Thanks for the lift offer SG - I was thinking this morning that I really should ask who's guest I could be . Do the organisers and/or your club need to know in advance?

IronCat5    pirate
11/01/2013 at 09:14

I think it's all done on the day, much like the club runners Bus. I guess you could be anyone's guest as you won't be scoring. However if you bring a cheque for £20 you can be a Coaster for the year

SG - seeing as the teams at Tadley all get ready in the bushes in one place I'll wander over to Sandhurst and try to find you.

11/01/2013 at 09:30

Bus - agree with the others, no point putting Wokingham at risk if you're not at full fitness and not even scoring for a club.  Having said that, it would have been nice to have finally met you, but that can wait til Wokingham.

Getting ready in the bushes eh?  Now I remember one of the reasons I haven't done cross-country in almost 20 years...

Dean, look like good reps to me anyway.  My top end is about 32, and I can't do more than a couple of those before I slip back to the 33-35 area.

Edited: 11/01/2013 at 09:31
14,561 to 14,580 of 27,371 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.