Moraghan Training - Stevie G

15,361 to 15,380 of 27,063 messages
08/02/2013 at 13:10

No snow currently forecast for Reading/Wokingham until Monday evening.  If you hillbillies will insist on living at altitude

Edited: 08/02/2013 at 13:10
08/02/2013 at 16:17

with comments like "get your legs prepared" or "loosen them up" i have images of you relative youngsters all creaky and groany like a rusty gate 

08/02/2013 at 16:28

I'll bring my banjo Dachs! (If all else fails I can use it as a snow shoe)

Creaky and groany is right Dean, but I do like being called a relative youngster!

08/02/2013 at 16:36

i always ignored oldies talking about feeling the cold in their joints, but the colder it gets the more my hip feels it!

The positive is that it warms up nicely in a race.

08/02/2013 at 17:24

To those running Wokingham - I look forward to putting some faces to names on Sunday!

To everyone else, happy running this weekend

08/02/2013 at 17:44

yep good luck to all the wokingham pb hunters,

birmingham XC league for me on saturday which looks like it might be another race v Seb.  although as its XC so its his to lose  

08/02/2013 at 18:05
I like it Dean. Ill echo the sentiments regarding Wokingham.

I might plump for the local park run tomorrow and a nice slow long run on Sunday.

No pressure, just a nice slow tootle.
08/02/2013 at 19:20

Good luck this weekend to all the Wokingham runners, did I miss your target SG? or did you manage to leave that out whilst discussing everyones elses aims!

Dont think I'm going to run tomorrow Dean, so you'll have to wait till the intercounties for a wooping if you get selected. Good luck though and I'll look forward to the report. First pain free run today after having 5 days off then a run out yesterday which I still felt a few aches during a couple of 6:10miles, so a race would just be silly even though Im still contemplating running. Im also concerned I've lost fitness and put on weight since I've had quite a few days off in Jan and now Feb, going to take a few weeks to get back to full strength.

Stevie See I didnt know you did the national XC last year! Might finally meet you there even though there will be loads of runners there. Is that your club vest in you profile pic?

We're going to have snow again? Nooooo....  

08/02/2013 at 20:34

Yep, did it last year and learnt a lot about running in a big fast field. Smash it to the first bottle neck or spend 2 laps expending energy past slow old runners... and still finish 634! Looking for under 400th this year judging by last years race. I wasn't looking to run it this year but I'm entered and it will do me the world of good before Trafford 10K.

That's the vest in the pic so come say hi! These profile pics don't give a lot away, my power of 10 pic is a little clearer. http://www.thepowerof10.info/athletes/profile.aspx?athleteid=116988 Who do you run for? Can't believe I don't actually know that!

08/02/2013 at 21:00
How do you get a picture on your profile? I've tried with loads but it says failed every time.
08/02/2013 at 21:02

I can't believe it's closing in on Mid Feb, and the See-man hasn't a power of 10 entry on his profile for 2013 

ps Seb, target is always to finish

you need to get the photo small enough to load, which can be a challenge, hence me still using this pic from a couple of years ago in my old club's colours!

Edited: 08/02/2013 at 21:11
08/02/2013 at 21:38

Ha ha, I know! I'm usually on 5 races by now!  The National XC was my 11th XC race of the season last year (prob' about 5 too many!), this year it's my second! A mid-December injury is nay good for an XC filled winter! Will it be quality over quantity?!

08/02/2013 at 21:41
I've managed to get a picture on my PO10 but I've give up with this one. :-/

I'm bobbins with computers.
08/02/2013 at 21:42

I am now an expert in re sizing pictures. As you might have noticed.

IrfanView to resize.

Microsoft Office picture manager to crop.

08/02/2013 at 21:54

It's funny Stevie, in your forum pic you look like you have hair....

Good luck tomorrow Dean

08/02/2013 at 22:46

Ha ha Bus! Can you tell I've been working out a bit too? Not like the skinny waif and stray behind me.

09/02/2013 at 10:59
A nice blast at the Burnley parkrun this morning. I may have just equalled the course record too. Deans club mate and a lad I know has it and he's a 15 min man so pleased with today's effort.

17 mins has been broken only 3 times on the course and I've done it twice so another positive.
09/02/2013 at 13:30

Short run this morning. Merely proved to myself that self preservation is my best option. I simply don't function in icy conditions. My muscles won't have it.

Despite the extra layers, couldn't really get warmed up. Packed it in after just two miles. My covered arms were numb even with gloves.

I actually feel some concern for tomorrow's racers. I'd recommend wearing a hat which would at least keep the freezing water off the head.

09/02/2013 at 15:02
Cold rain is unpleasant, but minimal effect on time. I'm more concerned that the strongest winds forecast all week are between 10 and 11.30 tomorrow!

Very nice parkrun there Matt.
09/02/2013 at 15:15

Nice parkrun Matt! Lots of positives to take there! Bet you're chomping to get at a quick 5KM now!? You must be Burnley parkrun royalty

I had a go at my first tempo today (can it really be my first!?), maybe my first planned tempo. It went a bit wrong, but not in a bad way. Did 2miles warm up, then 3 miles tempo, which came out at 5:40, 5:46, 5:46. So 10K pace basically... whoops . Only struggled until the last 0.5 of a mile. Wasn't as hard as I would have expected had I gone out with the aim of hitting that pace. Then 0.5 mile warm down. Easy 7 later.

15,361 to 15,380 of 27,063 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.