Moraghan Training - Stevie G

16,061 to 16,080 of 24,163 messages
08/03/2013 at 18:39
Dachs , must admit I, m not a big fan of swimming-one of those things you feel better having done rather than doing!

It was my first swim for a month, so was hard work!

Ric has a good sense of humour so I wouldn't, t worry. Where are you though Ric?

Good luck to all those racing tomorrow-looking forward to the reports...
IronCat5    pirate
08/03/2013 at 18:43
He was last seen in the triathlon forum...
08/03/2013 at 19:02
IronCat5 in the Hat wrote (see)
He was last seen in the triathlon forum...

some kind of mid life crisis? No offence Iron

08/03/2013 at 19:21
Right its crisis time. Had a sports massage today. They said they'd go easy as it was a clubmate who knew I was racing on Sunday. Just went for a really slow trot with my dog and got a searing pain in the top of my foot/ankle at 2.5 miles.

Cant walk without limping at the min. Hoping its just a niggle or nerve or something that will clear. Fuming at the min with myself.
08/03/2013 at 19:30

i know they say it'll be tight after a massage, but "searing" sounds pretty bad! Hopefully you'll wake up tomorrow and it'll have eased...can't be anything too bad from a massage if it was fine before?

08/03/2013 at 20:00

Just looked on Radio Times for the details of the XC.

Generic image beign used with no mud so you boys shoudl be OK.

http://static.radiotimes.com.edgesuite.net/pa/27/32/webANXcrosscountryrun.jpg

6x800 at lunch came out at 2:55, 2:51, 2:55, 2:55, 2:56, 2:55 so the slowest today was as fast as last week's fastest and overall about 17 seconds faster so over 5 seconds a mile.

SG, you want to come up to me, do a 12 mile loop together and then head back for your 14?

08/03/2013 at 20:04

Phil, it's a 2miler up to you, so it'd have to be a 10mile loop!

08/03/2013 at 21:05

SG, what about you come up to me and we do a loop down Ragmans Lane, Marlow Bottom and onto Wycombe Half course then back towards you and I finish the loop back up Marlow Hill.

http://connect.garmin.com/course/3020797

08/03/2013 at 21:13

i can't seem to work that map too well, but if me to you, and following that route ends me at 14 near my place it sounds good

Where's the best place to meet? Around 7.15 sounds about right for me to cover 2miles, that early, up that hill

08/03/2013 at 21:33
Matt - lots of ice and rest. I get pain In my ankles sometimes like that but it's normally due to me sitting in an awkward position. It's passes by morning. Fingers crossed
08/03/2013 at 21:55

Sounds good, see you at 7:15 at the Shell petrol statoin, top of the hill.

08/03/2013 at 22:24

All this "to me", "to you" makes you two sound like the chuckle brothers 

Matt - sounds like a trapped nerve probably, if there's no specific cause other than a sports massge. Should be gone by the morning....

Good to see the pace going up Philip - all moving in the right direction. Foot OK afterward?

08/03/2013 at 22:46
The Bus wrote (see)

Good to see the pace going up Philip - all moving in the right direction. Foot OK afterward?

Foot wise all things seem OK. I realistically restarted runing on 21st Jan with a 20 miles week, next week was 27 and then the next four weeks totalled 190 so 47.5 average. I am really starting to see that work in those 4 weeks start to pay dividends so need to have a serious look at the club champs dates and sort out a set of events I can run and want to run. 14 events and Maidenhead 10 is the 4th and I have 1 done as a poor fallback so that leaves me to try and get a good 7 from 10 and I am in the USA for 1 so that is 7 from 9 and Cabbage Patch is a week before my marathon so 7 from 8 wihch may mean doing 8 and picking the best 7.

Need to work out what SG means about Marlow 5. All I can find on the same day is Chieveley Chase and maybe SG wanst a win: under 6 miles and the winner is just inside  34 mins but the guy has a 70 min HM so can't be that! I am keen to run Marlow 5 to get a better time than last year and improve my v40 record before Guy Bowles turns 40 in September and takes it away from me. Our new guy who is V50 is a 2:16 marathon guy and big city winner so V50 records will be goen as well soon. did you seee Phil Parry, v50, 72:36 at Bath?

09/03/2013 at 06:35
Still no different this morning. :-/ there's absolutely no ache or pain when It's not got any weight on it and only seems to hurt when in a certain positions mid stride. There's times when I can barely put any weight on it and others when it seems as though it could be fine.

Waiting on the physio ringing me this morning now and hopefully he might have some answers.
09/03/2013 at 08:39

Phil, checked the Datchet championship, and looks like Marlow 5 isn't on it, which is good news, as the plan involving me you and Bus can potentially come off now.  Fill you in tomorrow and see if you're game,

From your 800s looks like we can tweak the pace up from 7.30 to 7.20s tomorrow now

ps is the Chievley Chase some kind of Everest type hilly course then? Or did the winner just have a kip for 5mins or something?

I saw that some random race I won 3 years or so ago has been re-branded as a 10k, and saw that the winner ran it in something like 42mins last year. Then I checked his power of 10 and he's a 34min man! Must be tastily hilly!

Matt, sounds odd, and with a race tomorrow too? Fingers crossed.

Bus, as I can't blimming PM you at the mo, it's "use it or lose it" before end of March holiday time at work, so I have most of next week off. We'll see if we can fit a run or 2 in.

09/03/2013 at 08:55

OK - will see what I can do, though there's lots of peopel off work next week, so am not sure about when/if I can workat home.

MAtt - have you tried rotating the foot in each direction like you are drawing a circle with your toes outstretched? If its a trapped nerve, that may release it - good luck!

Talking of pothunting, did anyone spot the Tempest 10 (run at the same time as the Sptifire 20) was won in a time of 59:3X this year?

I've got my own little pothunting race coming up (por as I prefer to call them, a nice hilly , new locl race!) but I'n sure Frank (and EoG)will turn out to spoil the fun as its his type of race too 

Wish they'd sort out this website - this writing is tiny!

09/03/2013 at 09:06

Beaconsfield 5miler?

Rules of a good pot hunt seem to be along the below lines

• First year event
  • Partly/fully offroad MT
  • Not put on by a running club
  • 2 distances on at the same time, (do the shorter event)
  • Other local events being run on the same day.

A mixture of the club I used to run for picking some low key local level races, and me also having a period of trying to come higher up in events, meant I did a fair few of these types!

However, it comes to a point where you think, what's better to quote. Coming 2nd in the 4.7mile Village Fete race, or a proper pb in a recognised distance.

Hence the massive swing to only doing quality road races these days.

AM sure it'll swing back at some stage

09/03/2013 at 10:25

There's also a lot to be said for just enjoying a race for itself without having to worry about what you quote afterwards . Takes the pressure off the constant pb hunt if its not a standard road distance too...

Bledlow Ridge 10k this one - very hilly! 

09/03/2013 at 10:46

That's true. Not racing too much takes the heat off a bit too.

Saw Sam's fb update today, she's on a crazy racing schedule...

wokingham half, bramley 20miler, national xc,bath half, inter counties xc, reading half...

6weeks back to back?!

09/03/2013 at 10:59

and then VLM to top it off!

Makes me think I might be a wimp not wanting to do Oxxford the week before Abingdon!! 

16,061 to 16,080 of 24,163 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.