Moraghan Training - Stevie G

17,061 to 17,080 of 27,349 messages
17/04/2013 at 20:05

I think Stevie See will be sharp enough to pick up what MTSG is

17/04/2013 at 20:20

SG, to hit paces at all was an achievement so don't worry about it. The wind out there is ridiculous, I'm not going to the track tomorrow if it's anything like today. I can't bloody stand the wind when its blowing gusts and gales.

Yesterday I did 7.8 and today a 9 easy. Legs are coming back to me now and heart rate is dropping to 154 for a 7:20 avg run. Which is all good. Got a pair of Nike Flyknit racers today! Man, they are lush!

MTSG? Moraghan Training Stevie G, I can only assume?

17/04/2013 at 20:30
How disappointing. Not even Margaret Thatcher Supporters Guild

Muffin Tops Supposedly Glandular

Miles at Tempo Suppressing Gas

Etc.
Edited: 17/04/2013 at 20:31
17/04/2013 at 20:53
SG, that's a good pace for a 7 miler, especially in the wind.

Track tonight was a 12 minute VO2max test. Managed 3520m, which is actually shy of 10k pace, but the wind at points was ridiculous, and I didn't want to monster myself for the rest of the session, especially since its my speed I need to work on rather than my endurance at pace.

Followed up by 8 x 600 - 1:51, 1:56, 1:55, 1:55, 1:55, 1:55, 1:54, 1:53. It's ok, not really scorching, but given the wind and what had gone before, I'll take it.
17/04/2013 at 21:05
Some nice sessions today/tonight and glad to say I too got up and at 'em this evening and glad I did - up yours Mr Virus bug!

35 mins recovery running to include 5 mins @ 6.10, 5 mins @ 6.00, 5 mins @ 5.30 all with 2 1/2 mins jog between. Felt nice and springy and has given me the confidence boost I was looking for from the session. Massage tomorrow morning and nothing but a couple of easy 20 min recovery runs to go now. Oh, and plenty of rest and early nights of course. Night all!
17/04/2013 at 21:11

YES! Glad to hear all it a-okay Johnas!

IronCat5    pirate
17/04/2013 at 21:35

Good sessions as always chaps.Track must have been fun in the wind - car was struggling to maintain a straight line on the M4 this evening.

Managed to run with the club yesterday - or atleast picked them up as they came past my house. Turned around and went back home passing the tail end of the group. 9km all in, with minimal achilles problems.

Depsite doing most of my trianing on my own it's nice to see some friendly faces once in a while.

Just finished some power interals on the turbo. WIll do maybe 3-5km tomorrow morning - 2km WU then some fast pickups. Then the long drive to the Netherlands tomorrow. A day of work there Friday then the European duathlon champs on Sunday.

17/04/2013 at 21:45
Ooh, international action. Nice.

Good to hear you're back up and at 'em Johnas. So Johnas is the only active thread member doing VLM. Does anyone know if any of our dormant members are running? DT2? UG? Frankie?
17/04/2013 at 22:01
Dachs wrote (see)
How disappointing. Not even Margaret Thatcher Supporters Guild

Muffin Tops Supposedly Glandular

Miles at Tempo Suppressing Gas

Etc.

I'm going to ignore Stevie See - he's gone for the far too bleedin obvious! Dachs - brilliant, quite brilliant!  I think Frankie is doing VLM.

Nice bounce back Johnas. Fingers crossed for Sunday, your preparation looks to be close to perfect.

IC - likewise for Horst. Hope you're ironing your England vest!

SG - bummer of a day workwise, but a good sesh nonetheless.

17/04/2013 at 22:46

Hi Philip,

That's me! Dubai was my first attempt at the marathon distance, wasn't sure how I would feel so ran conservatively.

The 5 miler was meant to be a recovery.. thought I should do them at Easy pace (I'm getting my paces from Daniel's running formula)..

I'm aiming for a few goals this year:

This summer, a sub 36 10K and 17min 5k

October, aiming for 2:45 marathon.

Tonight's run was windy!!!

18/04/2013 at 13:41

Did I kill the thread?

Tim, I'm also aiming for a sub 2:45 marathon in October.  May revise my aims closer to the time depending on how training is going though.

18/04/2013 at 15:11

Nah, it was just in shock!

Supposed to be doubling today, but might need to get a lift home instead as this morning's easy xc has left the hamstring injury area quite sore and has also developed a pretty painful hip. Classic trying to re-build too quick symptoms!

18/04/2013 at 19:27

Blah, blah - ignore the last post! S'funny old game, this running! This morning I was jaded and tired. Right up until 5 O'clock, and despite  Ibuprofen,  my legs were still so sore I thought I'd have to get a lift home. Then the Mrs said she couldn't pick me up, so I had to try running anyway. Set off, legs felt OK and I then did the fastest time on the route (and off-road generally) for months!

Sure I'll pay for it later mind....but still

18/04/2013 at 19:36
The Bus wrote (see)
 I think Frankie is doing VLM.

Tracker opens 7am

http://results-2013.virginlondonmarathon.com/2013/

Wind is making a lot of messy runs at the moment. I go out and feel cardboard and jaded and then turn and fly back. Will go to the Mall tomorrow lunchtime to see if there are any elites hanging out checking out the finish. Saw a few last year looking very weather shocked as it was a very chilly Friday.

18/04/2013 at 20:12

Might be abit wet tomorrow lunchtime, but forecast for Sunday is very good. Cool with wind and temperature both low until the afternoon - a bit too cool for the African Elite!

Funnily enough, a lot of tonights run was either into the wind or a cross wind.

18/04/2013 at 21:04

Nasty 1500m session tonight. Two sets of 3 x 500 off 90s. 5mins between sets. Was a shock to the system doing a full 1500 pace session.

91, 94, 96 ---- 94, 98, 96. Legs were like jelly after 200 meters then turned into the wind. Literally could not generate any power! No idea how these reps equate to 1500 race pace? Any of you statos out there help me out? I'm guessing it's in the 4:40-4:45 zone?

Bus, my your and my legs are doing the same. One minute playing the I can't move game then all of a sudden springing into life. Every run is a lottery at the moment! 

IronCat5    pirate
18/04/2013 at 21:11

My uber short loop-run seemed to be in to wind all the way. Holland was warm, sunny and a light breeze. Nothing compared to the gales of the UK and N France.

18/04/2013 at 23:00

Decided to go out and run a local race tonight: Mobberley round the runway.

Was a great course, following the paths around Manchester airport.

The wind had eased a little, so that was good.. 

Came 23rd in 31.16 ..  race was 5.3 miles.

This was the first time I've ran without a watch... was good to see if I can judge the distance and speed.. there were no markers on the course so was completely "blind" .. quite good because I didn't have the negative affect of knowing how far was left!

Is it me or is this site not working on the iPad or iPhone yesterday and today?

Edited: 18/04/2013 at 23:17
19/04/2013 at 08:44

Bus - you are an anomoly. can't walk one minute, monstering xc the next. I guess this is the issue when nerves come into play. just a 50 mile bike ride today then?

SS - 95 seconds would be a 4.45 1500m. I'd have thought you could easily go sub 4.40 though on 1500m. Fancy one?

Good luck in Holland Iron on International duties! And send some of those light breezes over here for sunday please

Tim - same issues with iphone and ipad. nice running mate

Off to VLM expo for me today and meeting up with some friends made on previous marathon campaigns. As if that wasn't exciting enough, travelling up with a mate who's letting me drive his Audi RS5 Black edition up to Excel. I hope he has clean pants on!

Phil (et al) - My VLM Number is 31651 for Sunday.

The weather conditions are looking perfect for me so I've set my A Goal as follows: 10k @ 6.10 pace; 10k - 30k @ 6.06 pace and 30K - 42K is all about throwing the kitchen sink at it! There. I've said it. It's in writing*.

*Of course, I reserve the right to change this strategy at the drop off a hat if the temp changes +/- 1 degree and/or the slightest of gusts turning up and/or the wrong kind of leaves on the road etc etc

19/04/2013 at 08:53

cracking session Stevie. Good turnout for you too Tim.

Best of luck Johnas.

Feel a bit all over the place at the mo. The week at work has been an utter nightmare, all manner of stuff going wrong. Bit worried about this hamstring ache too, and just for some giggles a massive filling came out, so dentist time today!

To top it off, coming into work semi pleased at a 6miler feeling alright ish, only for some guy in the office to give me an enslaught about how pointless what I do is, how I'm not going for the Olympics, how it's dull and solo, and generally pathetic.

Caught me at a particularly low moment I must say, brought me right down.

17,061 to 17,080 of 27,349 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.