Moraghan Training - Stevie G

18,581 to 18,600 of 24,128 messages
20/06/2013 at 21:30

Dean, great, great, great mile.

Stevie see wrote (see)

12th on the ALL TIME rankings on your first attempt is just awesome! I'm searching for another mile as we speak! Might do that Oxford one!

When is that? Oxford is close to me so may be tempted.

20/06/2013 at 22:06
20/06/2013 at 22:09

That the one.  It's also a bmc event too, 

20/06/2013 at 22:09

ps - very nice haircut by the way - people will think you're a V40 now 

21/06/2013 at 08:18

Dean, do you fancy joining me on the 16th July?

I'm toying with the idea of a 3000 or maybe 1500..I e-mailed the organiser and he says one can just turn up on the night..

http://www.traffordac.co.uk/tac/docs/2013_Programme.doc

You guys have fired me up to do track races now.. At least to try 1 before the summer's out.

Edited: 21/06/2013 at 08:51
21/06/2013 at 09:05

Tim, yep.  stevie and I do those races plus loads from our clubs. they are very popular. The next one is on tuesday which im in the 800 and stevie in the 1500.  There are so many heats that are run in expected time groups that there is a race for everyone.   

21/06/2013 at 09:52

I'll make sure he gets up early enough to do a good warm up and some stretching - when you arrive you will probably see him doing a few strides in the car park so he will be able to run it hard and keep up. I hope so anyway - I get fed up of waiting for him all the time.

Interesting bike ride this morning.  Not the Enid Blyton, singing songs, having picnics under the leafy trees type bike ride I was expecting.  I've managed to mend my bike, clean the gunk from my tassle top, untangle myself from the barb wire and get most of the grit from under my skin. I'm sure the wounds will heal quickly.  Looking forward to the next one!.  Those TT bikes.  www.d2ride.co.uk

DL – I won't be doing the Manchester10k as I'm golfing all week in France from the Monday to Friday before so I don't think I'll be best prepared!  Also doubts about Penny Lane 10k now as we may be away for the weekend - not that I'm trying to avoid you or anything.

My races pencilled in over the next month or so are:  Ascot 10k 25th June, Warrington Road Runners 10k 24th June (Thursday, another fast and flat one) and then the two Sale 5k races on 12th & 26th July. Hope to see you at one of those.

21/06/2013 at 13:38

my lunch time session was 4*300m off 5min recovery.  Target was 45secs.

they came out 44.7, 44.1, 43.1, 43.5.   so very happy with that.  Even ran topless as there was nobody at the track a la Bus.

Edited: 21/06/2013 at 13:39
21/06/2013 at 15:38

an open top bus?

impressive stuff Dean. out of our whole club that turned up for track on Monday night, only 1 ran sub 30 seconds for 200m. Puts those splits of yours into perspective - Quick!

5x 6mins threshold off 60 secs for me last night. averaged 5.45 per mile so covered just over 1 mile in each rep. Legs still felt heavy though from last Sunday's 10k. Looking forward to a beer or two tonight.

21/06/2013 at 17:15

Hill session for me, with the tough bit starting at 6:00am. Same session as before but average speed nearly 4% faster.

However, nearly all of this was due to being able to run back down hill faster than before; which is progress of some sort, perhaps?

Recovering so fast from the training at the moment that I was looking forward to tomorrows run while I was finishing today's.

Admit it, when not on form the next day becomes something to dread; well if one insists on training that is.

Which brings me a point about training zones based on current race times.

If the race was repeatable within 48 hours and then again, I would say that level was just that, level.

But if the result of that race was serious damage, which needed some accurate recovery strategies to overcome, then not.

Running wise, we are only as good as we are at any moment in time. Planned training works, but works better if every day is weighed on it's particular merits.

It doesn't work when executed regardless of unplanned variables playing their part.

I could be accused of making up my training on the day. I do, but its part of a combination of short term and long term plans based on current ability.

It can become quite complicated.

Edited: 21/06/2013 at 17:20
21/06/2013 at 17:39

Great work fellas, plenty of cracking sessions there!

21/06/2013 at 17:54

Ss. glad to see some of us; actually quite a lot of us are keeping this thread going.

I was hoping that due to the limit testing nature of our activities that injuries were part and parcel of the deal. 

On that basis I see no shame in fielding an injury update post.

Isn't how we deal with set-backs one of the keys to future success?

Dean, every one of those was better than my pb for 300m (a pathetic 46 seconds) I need a lie down. My hamstrings must have read those times.

Edited: 21/06/2013 at 17:59
IronCat5    pirate
21/06/2013 at 18:01
RicF wrote (see)

Ss. glad to see some of us; actually quite a lot of us are keeping this thread going.

I was hoping that due to the limit testing nature of our activities that injuries were part and parcel of the deal. 

On that basis I see no shame in fielding an injury update post.

Isn't how we deal with set-backs one of the keys to future success?

Still injured. Or should I say, still recovering? 2 weeks since my last run and in that time I have done 90-100 heel drops each day. Calves (calfs?) are strengthening. Another 2 weeks to go and then it'll be an easy couple of km.

That will be the hard part, not going back to fast or hard and undoing 4 weeks of work. Plus I need to learn to back off or stop if I feel a twinge again.

And as SS says, cracking work guys.

21/06/2013 at 20:46

Dean- reps on a Friday lunchtime?!! That must be what separates mortals from Dean R7s!!

21/06/2013 at 21:42

IC, recovery from injuries can take various paths. In my early days I was bothered by damage to where my achilles was attached at the heel. I mucked around for what seemed like weeks on end but no improvement.

Then I caught the flu followed by a lung infection that stopped me moving, let alone running. So several weeks of inactivity later I tried the usual jog about the house and of the injury. No sign. Gone never to return.

Sometimes it pays to leave well alone. Then again, sometimes not.

22/06/2013 at 06:37

is SG just injured? Can someone throw some light on the subject. what's with all the secrecy? 

Me, we'll I've seen every hour on the clock today due to tears, tantrums, feeding, winding and changing. It's cold, wet, windy, i'm dreading the race but it'll be a track PB no matter what.  

22/06/2013 at 08:29

SG is dropping hints on FB about being injured but is also dropping hints about doing small doubles. His usual loop is on the road home and I have not seen him out onthere for a while: and in the weatehr we have being having recently he does so topless so it is noticeable.

Off for a wet parkrun and then OCD padding tomorrow to make the week up to 40. 18 at the moment so need 22 in 2 days.

22/06/2013 at 09:54

I think SG is just sulking because no-one was impressed by his Fight Club reference. He'll be back.

22/06/2013 at 10:30

SG, injured! possibly.

The last time he went awol was after some reference about race shoes; with no mention of an injury I can recall.

70 miles in the last 6 days for me. Being self employed with a start time of 9:15am at the earliest and 4 miles the furthest I need to travel from home to any job means that I'm essentially a full time runner.

The full time bit being the early morning slot I choose to train in to avoid meeting school traffic and general rush hour desperado's. Running again later is the last thing I want to do. Finish work, go home, stay home, eat, sleep. That'll do me.

22/06/2013 at 10:41

Got the Lymm 5k this afternoon.

I'm hoping the rain holds off. Would love to get a PB but people tell me it's a slow course.  I checked the profile and the first mile is downhill then steady climb of 200ft..

Would that slow me down much?! Dunno... Probably.

I set a 17:09 pb the other week at Bowdon and would love to knock 10secs off that. 

18,581 to 18,600 of 24,128 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.