15/09/2008 at 13:22

Trini

here

15/09/2008 at 13:47

Copy & paste from the other 15/09/2008> 

Great stuff Catch up well done.

Looks like you enjoyed yourself.

Nice easy week now then.

Thx for the welcomes yeterday from NZ Christine & AF.

What- 4M Recovery

Why- LSR Yesterday, college tonight until 9-30 after work

Last Hard yesterday

Last rest mon 8th

Have a good Monday.

Edited: 15/09/2008 at 13:52
IronMelissa    pirate
15/09/2008 at 15:17

Morning all,

quick in and out and will have to catch up later. 

What: 60 easy turbo;  2k easy swim if I can get to the pool
Why: easy day but pool opening hours not helpful
Last hard: Sunday
Last rest: 19 Aug

Good runnings all.

15/09/2008 at 15:18
Catchup - great debut Mara and delighted that you enjoyed it!
AF
15/09/2008 at 15:29

Afternoon all,

PH:  Well done on another sub-5 clocking - which mara, notts?

BR:  Hope you can get sorted whatever caused the DNF

PH:  Sorry things didn't go to plan.  Wish my halves didn't go top plan like that

Welcome Windscale - shouldn't you be Sellafield?

Dustin:  Nice mile!

Catch-Up:  Nice debut marathon - well done!

• What:  10m.  Bit of grumbling in the piriformis today. 
  • Why:  But Ol' Man River, He jus' keeps rollin' along!
  • Last Hard:  N/A
  • Last Rest:  54 days

Have a good one!

AF
15/09/2008 at 15:31

Just realised - two PH, 2nd is PeaHead. 

15/09/2008 at 18:31

Afternoon All

Trini we're not supposed to have to think on a Monday.

Suppose I had better do some running but don't really feel like it .

What: 7.5M Steady
Why: Ticking Over
Last hard: Saturday
Last rest: Sunday

15/09/2008 at 20:23

BR - really sorry things didn't work out for you, always tough when you have a certain time in mind.

Dubai Dave - you sound like you are loving it.

Peahead - still a very good run.

Catchup - great first marathon - you did it well - good stuff.

Dustin - nice little mile thrown in there - good to see the speed is still there.

What: 5 miles easy - out on the bushtracks back on the road. The bushtracks are dry enough to run on now, just as hilly as ever though!

Good running everyone.

15/09/2008 at 20:53

evening

yesterday's lyrics were from "How Soon Is Now?" by the Smiths btw

Well done Catchup - the first but not the last?

what: 3.3 miles, much of it easy, but including a 1 mile effort in 5:52 and a half mile in 2:55
why: pushing it a little bit but not too much prior to race 3 of the Multi-Terrain League tomorrow

The efforts tonight felt like fast cruising rather than blasting it. A good sign I hope - but I've been here before...
Anyway, tomorrow's race is a bit different from the two woodland races we've had so far. Just over 4 miles, but about 2.5 miles of the length is on the beach. No strong winds forecast - otherwise things might have been "interesting". I'm keen to make up for two distinctly moderate performances so far.

15/09/2008 at 21:08
Evening folks.

Catch-up - well done on the marathon debut. You'll be back for more...

BR - sorry things never went to plan.

TippTop - no specific plans for another crack at a fast HM. Doing another in early November but it's not a particularly quick course and is very exposed to any wind, so I'll just be treating it as a 'take it as it comes' sort of race.

Headed out for a run this morning and turned back after 50 yards...the jolting effect of running was definitely not agreeing with my dodgy belly. Figured an outing on the bike might be a bit better, so ended up doing just under 29 miles in 1hr 40mins, with a long, 900ft climb included. Felt much better afterwards.

Felt a bit better through the day, so decided to have another go at a short run this evening. Thankfully went to plan, doing a progressive 4.7 miler in 28.40...was fair caning it along in the last couple of miles. Felt pretty good actually.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring some decent training.

Have a good night.
Blisters    pirate
15/09/2008 at 22:42

Catch up: congratulations, and I do detect an appetite for more punishment?

An early finish today for me, allowing a tidy 8 miler at cruising pace. Met up with a club mate who was cycling home and he was hopeless at keeping the pace. Too slow at first then too fast. Got home with a bit of an iffy digestive system which probably relates to the unending buffet yesterday. It'll go away.

Tomorrow: is anyone in or near Dorchester or Weymouth in the evening and fancy an outing? BRilly?

15/09/2008 at 22:46

Dustin: congrats on the PB's for you and your daughter, to answer your question, apart from one bad patch after 1:45ish, yesterdays run definatelywas on the cure end of the spectrum

Peahead: congrats on a cracking time, even if it wasn't quite what you wanted.

Catchup: congrats on the debut marathon, and being able to use the stairs today

BR: sorry to hear chippenham didn't go to plan for you. 

What: rest
Why: seems like 2 days of stag do fun and games is harder on my body than doing 70mpw!
Last hard: friday
Last rest: today
15/09/2008 at 23:02

Had to ditch my run tonight as we had one of those rainy events that hits every couple of weeks where it is so heavy that the roads get to 3-6" water in minutes, the culverts become torrents and the rain is warm, but the size of golf balls! So it's turned into a rest day, well I'll nip out to the back garden onto the spin bike for a few stationary miles with the company of the tree frogs, and crickets instead.

Lyrics were from No woman no cry, by the 'Bob Dylan' of the Caribbean, Bob Marley!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 34 of 34 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.