Myprotein recovery xs

7 messages
20/08/2012 at 10:42
Hello! I was wondering if you think it's worth taking recovery xs (by myprotein) after a run? I am currently training for a marathon and my diet is poor due to being a student Thanks!
20/08/2012 at 10:44

Fix your diet.  It's cheaper.

20/08/2012 at 15:17

Being a student isn't really an excuse for a bad diet. You can buy and make healthy food if you put a little bit of effort into doing so. If you can afford something like a recovery supplement, you can afford decent food. And it will have more far reaching benefits than drinking some synthetic crap after a run.

And quite honestly, if you're diet is bad, then your training will suffer regardless of the myprotein product. Sort your diet out!

20/08/2012 at 15:42

You can knock up a large bowl of pasta with tuna or sardines for less than a pint of student-priced lager, which would be just as good for refuelling after a run as some protein supplement.  No excuses! 

cougie    pirate
20/08/2012 at 16:31

Exactly.  I just have a pint of milkshake after my long runs. Costs bugger all. 

'Scientific' recovery food costs a fortune. 

21/08/2012 at 18:25

I see, I will look into fixing my diet! 

thanks for all your help guys!!  

24/08/2012 at 13:49

4 scrambled eggs on toast is also a cheap high protein meal with added carbs(from bread) to speed up recovery

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.