NEW Quality training

2 messages
20/08/2010 at 21:45

Hi all, I only have time for 2 days decent training: Mon hill/speed work 45 mins and Thurs or Fri 5mile run at 8-9 min pace. My 10k pb is 51mins and 5k pb is 22mins which I'm pleased with.

However I just feel I need to train more, but find it difficult time wise due to work and family commitments.

Any suggestions how I could improve  the quality of my training. I could fit in some very short15-20min runs, but is it worth doing this. I have only been running six months.

Any suggestions?

ROB

21/08/2010 at 11:48
If you are concentrating on lowering your 5k PB then 15-20 min fast runs would definitely be beneficial. If you are looking at competing in longer distance events like half's and marathons though I dont think that 20minuter runs is going to accomplish much more than just keeping your fitness ticking over

Hope that helps!

Running Blog
Edited: 21/08/2010 at 11:48

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.